• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As many of you know from this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/426230-guns-stolen-sand-burr-gun-ranch.html Sand Burr gun ranch was targeted for a burglary and lost roughly $40k in firearms.

Massad Ayoob will be hosting a class at Sand Burr and all proceeds will go to Denny Reichard.

I’d like to call your attention to one class that is near and dear to my heart. We’re doing a MAG-20 Armed Citizens Rules of Engagement Class on February 11-12, 2017 in Rochester, Indiana. Bad news: frigid weather. Good news: that particular course is all classroom, in a nice, warm, modern sportsmen’s club we’ve rented for the occasion. This will be a BENEFIT CLASS for Sand Burr Gun Ranch. Sand Burr was founded by my old friend Denny Reichard, who has been a full instructor for me under LFI and today for MAG since 1986. He is perhaps the pre-eminent gunsmith today for “street-tuning” Smith & Wesson revolvers of all sizes and calibers. Retired after 36 distinguished years as a full-time street cop, he and his family own Sand Burr Gun Ranch.Several weeks ago, a very sophisticated rip-off team managed to break in and steal $40,000 plus worth of handguns from the Sand Burr gun shop. They have not been recovered at this time, though the investigation continues. This is a very hard hit for a small family business which could not afford exorbitant insurance rates.So…ALL proceeds from this class will go to Sand Burr, including my usual teaching fees. If you’ve been thinking about taking one of these classes or sending someone else, this is a chance to kill two birds with one stone: Get the class (two ten-hour days that may run into eleven-hour days) for standard price, AND to do a good turn for a good family of gun owners and protectors, thus showing solidarity with Gun People. Win-win. For info contact Ashley or Denny at Sand Burr Gun Ranch, sandburrgunranch.com.

(More at link: Massad Ayoob » Blog Archive » AN EXPERIMENT HERE )

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Add yet another reason to respect Mas for his service to the gun enthusiast community.
    A genuine class act.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    This class is a real eye opener for anyone who carries a firearm. I have taken his Mag40 class and found it to be a eye opener for me. Denny is also a class act and I know he is very humble about anyone giving him help.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Me, too. Weighing the cost of the class and the cost of an overnight hotel room in the area (not sure I want to make two round-trip drives, 2-hours each way, on back-to-back days...weather will be a factor).

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I live closer... considering as well. I have family that lives there but I don't associate with them any more.

Need training and this sounds like a whopper... haven't recouped from my holiday expenditures yet.

Tom Givens

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    Memphis
    I have taken this class and I recommend it HIGHLY. Mas is a walking encyclopedia of relevant case law. Most shooters need this class a lot more than another gun.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Is that class open for additional people to take it? I managed to scrape together an extra $120 and might want to listen to what Mas has to say

Edit:

$400????!!!! Jesus H. Christ unless there is both time with a high class hooker, a 4 course meal, and range time with a full auto Im not in any way interested at that price

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Is that class open for additional people to take it? I managed to scrape together an extra $120 and might want to listen to what Mas has to say

Edit:

$400????!!!! Jesus H. Christ unless there is both time with a high class hooker, a 4 course meal, and range time with a full auto Im not in any way interested at that price

Just so you know, that is not an unusual price for a 2 day class from a nationally recognized instructor. I could completely understand it being out of your price range, but it is not unreasonable. I have paid more and I have paid less.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just so you know, that is not an unusual price for a 2 day class from a nationally recognized instructor. I could completely understand it being out of your price range, but it is not unreasonable. I have paid more and I have paid less.

Agreed.

It's certainly not more expensive than the Gunsite offsite classes. And with this, you get the services of Mas Ayoob if you're in need of an expert witness (have to pay his travel expenses though).

Tuition for training is tough thing. Sometimes people genuinely can't afford it. Sometimes people choose to not afford it. Sometimes people do not place a value on the training that is commensurate with the tuition. All of those are okay and legitimate choices as long as they are informed decisions.

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

Edit:

Momentary thread jack ...

While you may not be able to afford this particular session with Mas, you can afford to receive some outstanding rifle training on the same weekend ... https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/reveres-riders/428321-reveres-riders-2-day-field-rifle-clinic-feb-11-12-2017-camp-atterbury.html

Personally, I'd rather be inside and warm listening to Mas, but instead, I'll be working the pits at Atterbury for this event.

Now, back to the original topic ...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Edit:

It's about $20/hr. You won't get a high class hooker for anything close to that, let alone fed.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have never understood the need for a high class hooker. Perhaps I am missing the point.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Sticker shock can be found in the training world. One must do their research and make decisions wisely.

How much should an instructor charge one student for knowledge that they acquired over the years and spent a lot of blood sweat and toil to accumulate?

Top Bottom