1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    ​CRG-4: FORCE ON FORCE GUNFIGHTING
    APRIL 22-23, 2017
    EVANSVILLE, INDIANA

price: $400

INSTRUCTOR: RANDY HARRIS

[FONT=&amp]Ever wonder what you'd do if a psycho with a knife charged at you? Or how you'd really handle a multiple adversary situation?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]FIND OUT FOR CERTAIN IN OUR INTERACTIVE GUNFIGHTING TRAINING!![/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Force on Force is the future of personal combat training. This course is Pure CQB Gunfighting Skills, and will connect what you do on the range with what you must do on the street to win a fight.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Typical marksmanship-based gun training leaves many questions unanswered. There is a great deal that you still don't know about street combat if all you've done is shoot paper targets on a shooting range. Even the many "shoothouse" exercises at many gun schools are still woefully inadequate in preparing you for a street confrontation. But in this class, the training is pure street reality featuring high intensity, short duration combat at close range against live human beings with modern force on force technology. It is specifically designed for the private citizen and focuses on civilian street situations. Learn to defend against a single adversary bent on cutting you with a training knife, as well as against multiple adversaries suddenly drawing guns and firing at you. Learn what it takes to overcome home invaders, takeover robbers, hostage takers and active shooters! In today's environment, everyone has a need to know.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The training is open to ALL civilian students AT ANY SKILL LEVEL, and is the sort of class you can attend over and over again to maintain your edge!! Fight-focused NOT Gun-focused![/FONT]
    CLASS AND RANGE DETAILS
    DURATION:2 daysTIME:9:00AM to 5:00PM
    AMMUNITION:Approximately 600 (Minimum) good quality biodegradable pellets. NO STEEL PELLETS
    RANGE & GEAR REQUIREMENTS:You MUST have a gas-operated airsoft pistol for this class. Electric or spring-operated guns are not suitable. A paintball mask/helmet, hooded sweatshirt and gloves are necessary.

NOTE: Bring an adequate supply of CO2, green gas or propane and silicon lubricant to charge up the pistols. An extra magazine is important in case there is a problem with the primary.
    Also Helpful
    Bring spare clothing appropriate for the weather, including a hat, sunscreen, and bug repellent. Plan to bring lunch, snacks, and water (min 1 gallon per person) for the entire day unless driving to lunch is a viable option from the range location. Bring allergy medication (if needed), a chair (if you prefer), note taking supplies, and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape). You may wish to bring pads such as knee pads, elbow pads, and gloves if the class lends itself to that.
    RANGE:
    Uncle Rudy's Indoor Firing Range
    5000 Plaza East Blvd
    Evansville, IN 47715
    812-962-7663
    http://www.unclerudys.com

TFuller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Evansville, IN
    My name is Tom Fuller and I'm hosting Randy Harris on behalf of Uncle Rudy's Indoor Firing Range where I work as a part-time instructor. I have trained under Randy four times in the past year and I have to say he is the best instructor I have ever had. Randy took my skill set to a higher level by eliminating the bad information, reinforcing what I knew was true, and providing me a more holistic view of violent conflict.

If anyone has questions about the range or nearby accommodations, I'll do my best to answer them or feel free to call the range at 812-962-7663.

Information about the class itself can found above.

Thank you Mike for posting this class here.
    Mike Swisher is a damned good range partner and I hope to train under him someday as well.

Thanks,
    Thomas N. Fuller II

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Uncle Rudy'sIndoor Firing Range Instructor

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hey guys and gals, just a quick reminder that this one is coming up in just about a month.

You can shoot at the range anytime....but there is a big difference between shooting against cardboard and shooting against live opponents. Just how often do you get to test your skills against live opponents? THIS is where to do that!

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Coming up THIS WEEKEND!

If you are not doing FOF training you are not getting the whole picture. Unless you have practiced against a live opponent then you just have no real feel for how fast things actually happen and how little standing still shooting tiny groups has to do with winning an actual fight. This is that chance to get training experience against live opponents and streamline your training by knowing better what you should really be training for.

Hope to see you there!

TFuller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Evansville, IN
    This class was great and further refined what I believe is necessary for effective self defense training. If your focus is self defense with a firearm and haven't taken a Force on Force class, I'd say you might be spending too much time at the range pulling the trigger on live ammo. The more I pursue this path, the more I realize that live fire is less and less important. Dynamic movement, busting off the X, proactive engagement, redirecting your opponent's attack - these are the skills that will win the day.

No, I don't believe that solid fundamentals of marksmanship are a waste of time. I DO believe they are only fundamentals and we should strive to apply those fundamentals to the dynamics of the fight. (By the way, I don't mean to preach to the choir. If you know this, then you get it.)

What I find the most useful about Suarez International's Force on Force curriculum is that they provide the intermediate step of two-man drills that build on what you learned at the live fire classes and begin to apply those skills incrementally into a complete holistic approach to winning the fight. They don't just dump you into a scenario to watch you fail. They build your skills first and explain what is happening. You also get to experience a bit of failure to know WHY you have to do certain things.

By the end of the class, you'll have discovered a nice little list of what works, how to use it, and most importantly, why.

The other epiphany I discovered while training with Randy in the Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting class (which is Force on Force to the HNL ['ho 'nutha level]) is that if we only could experience Force on Force in the BEGINNING of our "self defense with firearms" training journey, we'd quickly develop a very well calibrated BS meter that would wouldn't let us waste time on the speed-rock and other "square range" nonsense.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    This class was great and further refined what I believe is necessary for effective self defense training. If your focus is self defense with a firearm and haven't taken a Force on Force class, I'd say you might be spending too much time at the range pulling the trigger on live ammo. The more I pursue this path, the more I realize that live fire is less and less important. Dynamic movement, busting off the X, proactive engagement, redirecting your opponent's attack - these are the skills that will win the day.

No, I don't believe that solid fundamentals of marksmanship are a waste of time. I DO believe they are only fundamentals and we should strive to apply those fundamentals to the dynamics of the fight. (By the way, I don't mean to preach to the choir. If you know this, then you get it.)

What I find the most useful about Suarez International's Force on Force curriculum is that they provide the intermediate step of two-man drills that build on what you learned at the live fire classes and begin to apply those skills incrementally into a complete holistic approach to winning the fight. They don't just dump you into a scenario to watch you fail. They build your skills first and explain what is happening. You also get to experience a bit of failure to know WHY you have to do certain things.

By the end of the class, you'll have discovered a nice little list of what works, how to use it, and most importantly, why.

The other epiphany I discovered while training with Randy in the Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting class (which is Force on Force to the HNL ['ho 'nutha level]) is that if we only could experience Force on Force in the BEGINNING of our "self defense with firearms" training journey, we'd quickly develop a very well calibrated BS meter that would wouldn't let us waste time on the speed-rock and other "square range" nonsense.

I agree that good FOF training is essential to a well rounded personal protection program. I disagree that you could ever spend too much time pulling the trigger on live ammo.:D

Top Bottom