Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alien Gear just posted this really great diagram. Helpful for noobies like me!

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)" title="Name: 16730098_***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)37352_***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)764255034_n.png Views: 196 Size: 280.2 KB">16730098_***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)37352_***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)764255034_n.png

The center of the pad is a good place to start.
    Michael Swisher

It is different for many people. Find the way to contact the trigger that best enables you to pull the trigger straight back.

Meanwhile: https://youtu.be/G8JX2hZR_6g

Edited to add: This is where dry fire with a laser of some sort is a great tool. I am a big fan of the Laserlyte cartridge inserts (LINK) but there are others as well. You get immediate feedback and can troubleshoot techniques like this without expending ammo or introducing other factors like recoil management.

You can accomplish nearly the same practice by dry firing and being very careful to not upset the sights during the trigger pull. You do not get the verification of POI but it is an alternative if buying a laser is not an option.
    Last edited by Streck-Fu; 02-16-2017 at 07:23.
    Daniel GM1 USNR (R)

Quote Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
    It is different for msny people. Find the way to contact the trigger that best emables you to pull the trigger straight back.

^^^THIS^^^

At a USAMU clinic, they said to "let your trigger finger engage the trigger naturally". Different size hands, different size guns&grips, YMMV...still a good general rule visual aid

Funny they posted a Glock on that poster. I've found that the first picture for most Glock shooters, produces a left of center pattern for some reason? Just a little more finger moves the pattern back to center?

very interesting good info I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
    It is different for many people. Find the way to contact the trigger that best enables you to pull the trigger straight back.

Edited to add: This is where dry fire with a laser of some sort is a great tool. I am a big fan of the Laserlyte cartridge inserts (LINK) but there are others as well. You get immediate feedback and can troubleshoot techniques like this without expending ammo or introducing other factors like recoil management.

You can accomplish nearly the same practice by dry firing and being very careful to not upset the sights during the trigger pull. You do not get the verification of POI but it is an alternative if buying a laser is not an option.
    This is great info. Thank you! I was at the range last night and noticed I was going low and left. A friend pointed out I was anticipating. As soon as I settled down and really focused on being "surprised", my groupings got tight again. I really need to train myself out of that!

You can try this technique at the range:

https://youtu.be/NxyTFzgWjhk
    Last edited by Streck-Fu; 02-17-2017 at 09:31.
    Daniel GM1 USNR (R)

Is it just me, or do none of those handguns in the pics look aligned with the bones of the forearm?
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    Is it just me, or do none of those handguns in the pics look aligned with the bones of the forearm?
    It is not just you. That was my first reaction when I saw the picture. My guess is that the arm wasn't at full extension when the picture was taken.

Michael Swisher

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast