Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    Grappling With Knives
    Presented By Self-Preservation Training, LLC

Saturday, May 13th
    10am - 2pm
    Indianapolis, IN
    Cost $100

Whether you are a beginner or advanced grappler, this seminar is for you! Our training does not ignore the other aspects of fighting on the ground. However, our primary focus of this seminar is on the grappling skills needed AND how to apply them, or the skills you already have, against a bad guy with a knife while on the ground.
    In order to have a higher instructor to student ratio, we will be limiting the number of students for this seminar. Make sure you register early to guarantee your spot!

Register by going to: Indianapolis self-defense | knife training | self-preservation

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I'm hoping all of you grapplers feel this way. If I'm on the ground, there will be knives involved. ;)

Have you ever been stabbed with your own knife? That's the second scariest part of grappling with knives. If you can reach it, so can he. (The first scariest part is that you may well not know it's there until you've been stabbed in the taint a dozen or so times.)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... (The first scariest part is that you may well not know it's there until you've been stabbed in the taint a dozen or so times.)

That's what I'm counting on. That and the idea that if you have a dozen taint holes you'll have a lot more leaking (and mobility issues) then that to deal with. :)

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    This sounds interesting. Grappling with a knife is a scary problem.
    Yes it is! With the popularity of BJJ and mma, a lot of people have some grappling skills. However, what I have found is if you are using grappling, what works to end the fight very quickly unarmed will sometimes get you dead when a knife comes into play.
    But, IMHO and experience, whether you bring the knife to the equation or defending against a knife on the ground, having at least a basic working knowledge of submission grappling and how it applies to weapons will GREATLY increase the odds of you prevailing.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    This is why I own guns. Lots of guns. :runaway:

Grapping with guns is a similarly scary problem. If you are grappling vs a guy with a knife a gun may not be the best answer to your problem unless it's already in your hand. In my limited experience, sometimes even having the gun on hand just complicates the situation further. The gun just isn't a surefire answer to every problem.

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    This is why I own guns. Lots of guns. :runaway:

I agree on having a gun, but only as part of my overall defense. What I see with students who have little to no combatives training is they go to gun or knife too soon. What happens is the draw is fouled, the weapon is neutralized, taken away and out of the fight or worse, taken and used against them. I see this even more when the fight goes to the ground because they don't have the same opportunity to create distance to get to the weapon you often have while standing.

With handguns in grappling range, you have the issues of malfunctions (high probability), not being able to orient the barrel to make hits & running out of ammo.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Space still available? Also, where will the training be located? I noticed Indy but didn't see an address on your website.

Thank you in advance

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    Space still available? Also, where will the training be located? I noticed Indy but didn't see an address on your website.

Thank you in advance

Yes sir, there are still spaces available. Once students register, I send out a confirmation email with reporting instructions which will have the address, any items to bring, etc.

Thanks for your interest. I hope to see you there!

Jeff

Top Bottom