• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Not entirely sure where to post this but thought I would try here first.

Im looking for ideas as to what might be the best paper targets to use at the range for 9mm pistol. The range I plan to use them at have 3 distances of 24 feet, 25meters, and 50 meters. The 24 foot is an electric target and the other 2 are stationary wood. I have seen a few internet sites where you can print your own and staple them. However I've also seen some at Cabelas that use a self adhesive which seem even more convenient even if you have to pay a bit more.

Anyway this is going to be my first visit to a range in over 2 decades with 5 new 9mm pistols I purchased over this winter. So I'm looking for recommendations for types (paper, or self adhesive) and specific style to practice accuracy (circular or other kind) and where to purchase (website, or store).

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I usually shoot pistols at B-3 and B-16 regulation targets, but I have a background in Bullseye competition. The performance on specific target rings is important to me. Since you do not have that criteria, any target that is comfortable will be fine. At 50 yards you will probably want a larger target than can be printed in 8.5 X 11" printer paper. Something on a 11 X 16" or a 24 X 24" paper will serve you well. I have a staple gun and a spotting scope, so I never spend the extra for self stick or shoot N see targets.

MidwayUSA sells a good selection. If you want regulation targets in bulk, I buy from Champions Choice in LaVergn, Tennessee

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Paper plates and a black marker. Not fancy but they're cheap, easy to find, adjustable center size, and they work.

Yep paper plates. You can buy those orange stick on target dots at Walmart for cheap. Great 8 yard target. You might want to consider something like cardboard USPSA targets or FBI Q targets for the 25 meter range. But paper plate can work here as well.

50 meters is getting out there quite a ways for a production 9mm. You should definately try that! But honestly 8 yards and 25 meters are handgun distances. Just depends on what purpose you intend for the pistols.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I save the scrap paper from work and use a sharpie to trace around a pop can or something. My go to was a Skoal can but 5 years tobacco free has left me searching for other sources. I would draw 5 circles on a sheet of 8.5x11 paper. I am a big proponent of "aim small, miss small"

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    You can use, just what you want .....

as stated above, paper plates, are probably

the cheapest, I have bought targets,

and the ones that I liked, copied,

for .08 ea, at Fed Ex office,

do what you like .....

for me, 25 yards, and 50 yards, is way too

much, for a "standard" 9 mm .....

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    What are you trying to accomplish? Bullseye, Defensive, Action sports? I use a lot of different targets from B8's to USPSA cardboard, 2 inch circles, steel, photo realistic, etc., depending on what I am trying to accomplish at any given time. To just brush up on your accuracy any easy to see target with a defined aiming point will be fine. As others have mentioned 50 yards is a pretty good distance so make sure you use a target that is going to be big enough to capture all your hits so you know what you need to do to get better.

Top Bottom