• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    These are skills you don't work in most of your other classes. If you don't know how to operate your gun with one hand, you need to take this class. That's shoot, reload, clear malfunctions (even the dreaded double feed), and get your gun back in action. DO IT.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Application going out in the mail tomorrow. Lunch afterwards at Bandanna's? Class is from 10 AM until 2 PM. (see what I did there, I reminded myself of the class time.)

Sign up for this class. One hand, conflict resolution, with a personal defensive firearm is something you should know how to do before you need to use it. It is a horrible time to try to pick up a new skill while your head is getting caved in. ;)

Would it be possible to add a block of instruction on one hand CQB contact distance shooting? It usually tears up cardboard targets quick, but it is one of those things that hardly gets practiced.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Would it be possible to add a block of instruction on one hand CQB contact distance shooting? It usually tears up cardboard targets quick, but it is one of those things that hardly gets practiced.

Could do an extra half-hour or hour on contact distance shooting. Depending on how many people and in what kind of depth. Are you're thinking one or two runs shooting from retention? Or something broader?

The one-hand double feed reduction should be covered.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    One or two runs depending on the time and # of students. Other wise the class would become all CQB and possibly lose the focus of one hand manipulation.

One hand double feed you draw your BUG. ;) If you don't carry a BUG then yes, you need to know malfunction drills one handed.

Could do an extra half-hour or hour on contact distance shooting. Depending on how many people and in what kind of depth. Are you're thinking one or two runs shooting from retention? Or something broader?

The one-hand double feed reduction should be covered.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    CS, you are on the list.

If the class is of convenient size and we have time, we can work contact distance. I have a drill that I got from an associate in Kazakhstan that would be appropriate.

We will cover the double feed.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    I can fit one or two more in this session.

Scheduled to teach a pistol class then, but good chance it won't happen. I won't know until tomorrow around 5. If I'm free I'd sure like to take this one. I've done some one handed drills (strong/support various reloads etc.) as part of a class, but it wasn't the main focus of the class. Hopefully this can work out.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Scheduled to teach a pistol class then, but good chance it won't happen. I won't know until tomorrow around 5. If I'm free I'd sure like to take this one. I've done some one handed drills (strong/support various reloads etc.) as part of a class, but it wasn't the main focus of the class. Hopefully this can work out.

We start at 1000hrs. Try to be at Riley at 0930 so we can do the paperwork and have a bit of a chat about your training background.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    We start at 1000hrs. Try to be at Riley at 0930 so we can do the paperwork and have a bit of a chat about your training background.

Thanks John, that's more than fair. I should know about my schedule soon. I'll be at RCC this thursday eve to join up.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.

I am able to make it and will be there 9:30 sharp if the class hasn't filled. Let me know how I can pay ahead of time if needed. Thank you!

Top Bottom