• ...and so much more!
  • Platycqb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2017
    Indiana
    Hi,

Any spots available left for this class?
    I cannot see your email address and can not send PMs yet (under 50 posts)

Thanks!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Just a reminder to those enrolled in this class. We train rain or shine. Water and lunch will be provided, you may want to bring a chair. Remember to bring your ammo for the "battlefield pickup" exercise at the end of the class. (optional)

Looking forward to training with you all!!!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Had a great time today! I feel like a gained a lot of good information to keep practicing on my own, and a lot of good takeaways to think about. It was great to train with everyone who showed up.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I didn't learn a thing.

OK, I didn't go.
    I still didn't learn anything. Well, except that my back hurts. I learned that. It can stop now.

Last edited:

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Seriously everyone, I recommend this class. I try to take it every year, no matter what else I may get to. I was signed up again this year but had to cancel late due to my jacked-up back. I hated to do that so late, but was holding on to the hope that I'd be up to it.

In other words, I was scared.

Besides, it's not a good bunch to pass out in front of. I don't want to wake up again to that "old Eskimo back cure" about to be... administered.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    This class went well. The joys of a small class. We were able explore paths that the students were curious about as well as help the "FNG" understand and keep up.
    Once again, the small battle field pickup portion was a hit. Thanks to all who attended and those that wanted to do so. We'll hold the class again, hopefully earlier
    in the year next time.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I had a great time as usual and came away with some good info as always.I feel like a shout out to ACT is in order.
    Just three of us ended up taking the class. Three students and two instructors. Thissmall class size allowed a more fluid approach and we got to repeat more drillsthat we felt we wanted. ACT always seemto accommodate requests and are willing to adapt their curriculum to meet theneeds of their clients.
    Shooting from contact distance to about 20-25 yards was typical with thebattlefield pick up taking place at maybe 50 yards.
    Topics: Sight offset, stance, shooting positions, barricades, multiple threat engagement, mag changes, malfunction reductions, shooting on the move,transitions to secondary weapon platform….(I’m sure I missed some things)
    At the end of the class we also got the opportunity to do a battlefield pick up. This was to simulate what youmay typically find in a SHTF situation and you could at least check out, learn to load and fire a variety of weapons that ACT furnished for the event (just bring some ammo). These guns included anM1, FAL, AK47, Lee Enfield, 12 Gauge, .22 cal. There were scopes, red dots,irons so this was a great opportunity to try something different out.
    This class is a great opportunity to shake out your gear and try different set ups. You really do get to mix it up and practice a variety of different skillsets at this class.
    Lastly thanks to my fellow students who helped make this an enjoyable experience. I hope to train with both the students and ACT again in the future and hope to see a few new faces also.

PS Grangers cooking really wasn’t that bad either.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom