23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    NRA Defensive Pistol
    Date: Saturday September 9, 2017
    Time: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
    Address: 9010 North CR 1000W, Elizabethtown, IN 47232
    Cost: $100

Online Registration: https://www.nrainstructors.org/Cour...ip=47232&radius=25.1&id=41&bsa=&youth=&women=

NRA Defensive Pistol is an introductory personal protection course for those interested in concealed carry. The prerequisite for this course is NRA Basic Pistol or equivalent. The course is suitable to a wide audience but does cover mature topics. Participants must pass a live fire examination to earn the NRA certificate.

Please feel free to contact me with questions about the course or instructor backgrounds.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I completed this course last year and it was an excellent introduction to defensive shooting skills and concepts. VERT and his crew are good teachers and the class is worth your time and the money.

In addition, if you need NRA-certified training for something like an out of state carry permit, I think this will suffice!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I completed this course last year and it was an excellent introduction to defensive shooting skills and concepts. VERT and his crew are good teachers and the class is worth your time and the money.

In addition, if you need NRA-certified training for something like an out of state carry permit, I think this will suffice!

Thank you sir. You are correct that this course will work for a Florida non-resident license. We had a participant use the NRA certificate to get a Florida CWL with no problems. I would be surprised if this wouldn't work for other states as well since Basic Pistol is a pre-requisite.

Even though NRA calls this an advanced course it is actually introductory as it pertains to personal protection courses. It is definately not stand alone but rather a good second step after a basic pistol course and a good introduction/companion for other courses you might see advertised on INGO.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Mature topics, sounds interesting.

Disclaimer.

I will actually talk about shooting people and have been known to say the occasional curse word accidentally when emphasizing something. I work at the Co-op and my wife works in a factory, let's just say that profanity tends to pop out. My buddy Brion is LEO/SWAT and not an NRA instructor so his filter is not as finely tuned as it should be. Craig was a Marine. We do the best we can but in the end this is a mature topic and there are only so many ways to sugar coat the material. Hence the disclaimer. I wouldn't bring the kids but mom or grandma will be just fine.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    If that's the NRA stance, that's ridiculous. If you can't stand to be in a class talking about shooting people, how are you ever going to be in a situation where you actually have to do it and expect to perform?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If that's the NRA stance, that's ridiculous. If you can't stand to be in a class talking about shooting people, how are you ever going to be in a situation where you actually have to do it and expect to perform?

I can't really say what the NRA stance is on all matters. I can only speculate. You have been through NRA Basic Pistol instructor course so you know what is in the guidelines. It is what it is and my guess is you know our feelings.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I can't really say what the NRA stance is on all matters. I can only speculate. You have been through NRA Basic Pistol instructor course so you know what is in the guidelines. It is what it is and my guess is you know our feelings.

I just took it for fun. I'd have to go to the book.

I don't mean to undermine Vert's post. I've taken a couple classes with these guys. They do a good job and are recommended. It's worth the time.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    This class is a go. The course is not a basic pistol course and we will not be selling Carry Guard. We will be covering the NRA objectives but we will not be reading out of a book.

I am currently expecting 5 participants and would love to find 3 to 5 more. Class enrollment will be limited to 10.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Bumping this as it is well worth the time and investment. Married men...this would be a good course to take with the Mrs. provided she meets the pre-reqs. Married Women...take your hubby to this if he meets the pre-reqs...he'll love it!

Those with significant others...bring them along...this is a great course to take with someone that is important to you. VERT is a great instructor and the course is very much worth it. Who knows, he might even show how to shoot a .38 from concealment in a purse!

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Tremendous day at the range, meeting new people, and working on mindset and techniques to help keep my family and me a fighting chance. Thank you VERT and others for holding this class, keeping it safe and still having some fun.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    :yesway: It was a very pretty day. No rain!!!! Every time we try to do these things it is cold or raining. Everything happened as outlined and went very smoothly. That makes for a fun day on the range.

Top Bottom