• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Pass it On/Outdoor Mentors Indiana is sponsoring an event at the pistol range at Camp Atterbury on June 10th. This event will be conducted on Camp Atterbury's state-of-the-art pistol range which is used for Special Forces training. The range has computer controlled "pop-up" targets that can be programmed for multiple scenarios and ability levels. At the end of the event, participants will receive a computerized summary of their marksmanship over the course of the day. This range is not generally available for use by the general public; as such this is an EXTREMELY unique opportunity to train on a state-of-the-art range.

All ability levels are welcome to attend; being able to safely handle a handgun is a prerequisite, though. Instruction will be available for those that would benefit from it, but the focus of this event is to spend as much time on the firing line, sending lead downrange as possible. Consequently, this will be a high round count event: plan on at least 600 rounds, 900-1000 would be better :):

Some folks have asked in a previous thread about whether drawing from a holster will be permitted. Good News: we have just received the OK to allow drawing from a holster from the Camp Atterbury brass. This will NOT be required as part of the COF, however (especially if you don't feel comfortable doing so or have minimal experience using a holster; safety is always the priority).

Discounted youth tickets (age 18 or under) are still available for this event as well as general admission tickets for adults. Your ticket includes a pulled pork lunch. Keep in mind that you MUST purchase your tickets before June 3rd so we can get the required gov paperwork back to Camp Atterbury.

Revere's Riders is facilitating the ticket sales for this event; the event will be conducted by Pass It On/Outdoor Mentors Indiana. Pass It On/Outdoor Mentors is a 501(c)3 non-profit that focuses on bringing the outdoor experience (hunting, fishing, camping, archery, etc.) to kids.

You can find a full description of the event and purchase tickets online here: US Army Pistol Qualification Range – One Day (Camp Atterbury, IN) – Revere’s Riders

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Ticket deadline is now June 5th.

Let's get a few more tickets sold and support Pass It On/Outdoor Mentors Indiana and their work introducing youth to the outdoors.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    There is still ONE FREE youth spot available too. 22 pistols will work for this course too so buy a brick and they can shoot all day. We even have loaner pistols (no ammo) for anyone in need.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Fwiw, I've had bretts 's (event director) pulled pork, home made sauces and beans. The food alone is worth half of the ticket cost! He's a damn nice guy too.

On the ticket cost: you may be thinking this seems high priced. Let me tell you where this money goes. Brett and this org provide outdoor experiences for youth who would not have the chance otherwise.

I helped him with a youth pheasant hunt for around 5 kids who had never shot a shotgun or a bird. He provided guns, shells, guides, dogs, over $1000 in birds (with a 4 hour round trip to pick them up), and a mentor to each child. I got the pleasure of watching these kids all shoot their first clay, and then their first real pheasant. The smiles were flying. It's an awesome org.

THAT is where this money goes people. It's not making anyone rich. It's enriching the lives of some kids who need an outdoor mentor. Dig deep. Buy those tickets and know you are personally helping finance a child's outdoor experience who would otherwise not have the opportunity.

Last edited:

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    "Ssl connection error" when I try to go to the link in the op for full description and sign up.

Do you have any more detail on the error? I have a monitor on the site and it hasn't indicated an outage since 5/22. Should be up and accessible now. If you're still having trouble, email me at webmaster at reveresriders dot org.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Last day for registrations. One free youth spot remains (adult purchase is not required). All they have to do is bring ammo as we will have both 22 and 9mm pistols for them to shoot.

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    Last day for registrations. One free youth spot remains (adult purchase is not required). All they have to do is bring ammo as we will have both 22 and 9mm pistols for them to shoot.

Here is a view of what we did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qizXjlE-ORE&feature=youtu.be#t=136.472681

Thanks to all the people who helped make this happen. This could not have happened or been the success it was without your help. We worked for almost two years to get on the base at Atterbury and it was worth it. We had a great group of volunteers and shooters. It builds my faith and improves my outlook on life to be around the people we had there.

Pass it On is focused on helping find mentors for youth and get them outdoor experiences, like this one. We can always use volunteers, sponsors, mentors, and participants for events.

We have another youth pheasant hunt in November. If you know of kids that dont get to hunt or shoot otherwise let me know.

Top Bottom