• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I love it when somebody ask "Did you mean to do that?" and the idiot say yes.

I looks like the gun might have even smacked him in the face.

[video=youtube;qhtdFCEIANc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhtdFCEIANc[/video]

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    It's been posted several times but still funny, sad and scary at the same time. I always wondered about all the "trainers" popping up in the past several years during the "Oh my god Obama is going to outlaw all guns scare". Spin up a website and list all kinds of training and experience and boom. How does a person brand new to the shooting sport know if the trainer is qualified?

mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    "Did you mean to do that?"
    "Yeah"

I've been apprehensive towards offering instruction to people because I second guess my skills, but I feel like I'd be worlds better than clowns like this.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    It's been posted several times but still funny, sad and scary at the same time. I always wondered about all the "trainers" popping up in the past several years during the "Oh my god Obama is going to outlaw all guns scare". Spin up a website and list all kinds of training and experience and boom. How does a person brand new to the shooting sport know if the trainer is qualified?

It's tough. Reviews on forums like this are one way. Recommendations from people who are experienced is another. If you're brand new to shooting and don't know anyone who shoots, it's really tough.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The young guy behind him laughing was funny and scary at the same time.

I wonder how many people would get out of the area ASAP or would it take a few seconds for your Ooda Loop to realize what just happened and process it before making the decision to exit stage left.

Maybe the unqualified trainer was teaching the "Remove the threat from the water tower technique.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The young guy behind him laughing was funny and scary at the same time.

I wonder how many people would get out of the area ASAP or would it take a few seconds for your Ooda Loop to realize what just happened and process it before making the decision to exit stage left.

Maybe the unqualified trainer was teaching the "Remove the threat from the water tower technique.

I would have left as soon as I heard/saw them horsing around with a gun in hand. Probable before he swung it out of the shooting lane. I have no patience for idiots like that. Go home and play in the sandbox if you are going to be that childish.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "Did you mean to do that?"
    "Yeah."

So not only did he fail, but he lied to protect his ego, despite that it's clear to everyone it was a ND.

Fail #2 was not swallowing his pride and using it as a teaching moment.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The more and more I get back into shooting the less I trust the "professionals". I was in a shop that has a range and training, first time shooter was obviously nervous and unsure and they match her up with a glock 43... She was not to small for the 19 or the 17. The friend she was shooting with (who took classes, and bought her pistol there) had an EAA tangfolio witness (that purple with sprinkle paint is unmistakable) on her belt. When asked what it was she asked behind the counter and was told it was a smith and Wesson 380.

I knew at that moment that I could never take a class there. I want to learn but I want to learn from someone who isn't pushing a brand, agenda, or bullsh*t. To many hacks out there calling themselves professionals because they got a marksman ribbon in basic training 20 years ago. Better off saving the instructor fee and just buying ammo and a lane at atterbury and shoot until you hit the same place over and over.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The guy in blue;
    nbj6jj5.jpg

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The more and more I get back into shooting the less I trust the "professionals". I was in a shop that has a range and training, first time shooter was obviously nervous and unsure and they match her up with a glock 43... She was not to small for the 19 or the 17. The friend she was shooting with (who took classes, and bought her pistol there) had an EAA tangfolio witness (that purple with sprinkle paint is unmistakable) on her belt. When asked what it was she asked behind the counter and was told it was a smith and Wesson 380.

I knew at that moment that I could never take a class there. I want to learn but I want to learn from someone who isn't pushing a brand, agenda, or bullsh*t. To many hacks out there calling themselves professionals because they got a marksman ribbon in basic training 20 years ago. Better off saving the instructor fee and just buying ammo and a lane at atterbury and shoot until you hit the same place over and over.

You are way better off to get some training than just try to figure it out on your own. You said it above way to many hacks out there calling themselves professionals. The trick is to find the good ones. There are many people behind counters at gun stores that should not be there. That has always been the case. NRA certified does not mean they know what they are doing either. There are many good NRA certified folks out there but just as many that suck. Like everything else the bad ones give the good ones a bad name. I know and understand where you are coming from and can get my head around it. But good training is well worth the money and time spent.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You are way better off to get some training than just try to figure it out on your own. You said it above way to many hacks out there calling themselves professionals. The trick is to find the good ones. There are many people behind counters at gun stores that should not be there. That has always been the case. NRA certified does not mean they know what they are doing either. There are many good NRA certified folks out there but just as many that suck. Like everything else the bad ones give the good ones a bad name. I know and understand where you are coming from and can get my head around it. But good training is well worth the money and time spent.

Very true Coach, I was thinking the same thing as you when Ggreen talked about just learning on his own.

I shot a lot by myself and developed bad habits that had to be corrected. Undoing is harder than learning the correct way to begin with.

I like your method of training. I have always walked away with improved skills from your and BBI's courses.

As men we sometimes feel we are born knowing how to handle a firearm but when some trainers bark corrections it make some feel as though their man card just got crumbled.

You guys do a great job and that's why I drive 4 hours each way for the training. I wish I was closer so I could do some of the other classes through the week.

Top Bottom