• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Excellent class. Definitely worth the time and money. We spend time on the range, maybe take a shooting class, some people do force on force training. These are physical skills, with time they can be mastered.

In a honest to goodness attack, unscripted, your life possibly on the line, you have to control YOUR fear/emotions. Those base instincts will hamper your performance.

Take the class.

» Understanding & Controlling Fear ? Terre Haute

» Understanding & Controlling Fear ? Richmond

A group of INGO MSG3 members attended this class in Martinsville Monday night 8/7//17. I thought I would share the opportunity.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Excellent class. Definitely worth the time and money. We spend time on the range, maybe take a shooting class, some people do force on force training. These are physical skills, with time they can be mastered.

In a honest to goodness attack, unscripted, your life possibly on the line, you have to control YOUR fear/emotions. Those base instincts will hamper your performance.

Take the class.

» Understanding & Controlling Fear ? Terre Haute

» Understanding & Controlling Fear ? Richmond

A group of INGO MSG3 members attended this class in Martinsville Monday night 8/7//17. I thought I would share the opportunity.

Who teaches the class?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Is there any AAR from the class?

I cannot see an bios for their instructors on the link above.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    What are the primary training methods they use to teach you how to control fear? Is this a lecture? Are there exercises? Is it breath and focus? Is it stress inoculation? Is it other things to develop mindset? Can you give us a general idea what the class entails?

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    What are the primary training methods they use to teach you how to control fear? Is this a lecture? Are there exercises? Is it breath and focus? Is it stress inoculation? Is it other things to develop mindset? Can you give us a general idea what the class entails?
    Lecture.
    There are exercises that are mental and emotional.
    Breath control and focus are discussed.
    NO WATERBOARDING or other stress/fear inducing methods used.
    And most definitely adjusting your mindset/controlling fear so that you don't "freeze" in fear.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Lecture.
    There are exercises that are mental and emotional.
    Breath control and focus are discussed.
    NO WATERBOARDING or other stress/fear inducing methods used.
    And most definitely adjusting your mindset/controlling fear so that you don't "freeze" in fear.

Were you "challenged mentally, emotionally, and spiritually" as per the MALC description?

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Were you "challenged mentally, emotionally, and spiritually" as per the MALC description?

Mentally- Very much so on my part. Everyone was different in this aspect.
    Emotionally - Not as much as others seemed to be. I try to rely on logic.
    Spiritually - I personally am not super religious. I am unaware of anyone having a change of spirt. I believe everyone walked away with information to think/ponder over.

If you have the time and $ to spare, most gun owners have wasted the $ on gear that they may have used one or two times.
    Take a chance, you might learn something about yourself.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I took a chance and signed up this morning. It's a good topic. Mindset is the foundation and controlling fear is a significant component.

Have yet to figure out where it is, specifically. Emailed JR this morning but have yet to hear back.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am booked for the Terre Haute class. It sounds interesting and a viable topic.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I took a chance and signed up this morning. It's a good topic. Mindset is the foundation and controlling fear is a significant component.

Have yet to figure out where it is, specifically. Emailed JR this morning but have yet to hear back.

JR will email the location anywhere from 3 days to 12 hours before the class. It will be in the town listed. Usually at a local hotel conference room.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    JR will email the location anywhere from 3 days to 12 hours before the class. It will be in the own listed. Usually at a local hotel conference room.

Just got the location. I was beginning to wonder if it was a pre-class technique to help me understand and control my fear of not knowing where I have to be tomorrow.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I was ok. I had heard many of the bits and pieces here and there, but never all together at once.

Top Bottom