• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm relocating to Charlotte, NC in 3 weeks, so it was time to give credit where it's due.

Little preface here, I've shot my whole life - rifles, pistols, etc. Originally from the Cleveland area, I moved out to Indy last year and immediately noticed the heavy gun scene. Always wanting to at least take some classes, I immediately found INGO and saw some good reviews for Coach. Back in Ohio, I had previously only taken my CCW and a basic pistol class. I would hit the range a few times a year, but just for fun. No real training or practice was going on.

I started out almost a year ago by taking the following:

Defensive Pistol 1
    Concealed Carry Skills League
    Intro to USPSA
    Defensive Pistol 2
    Defensive Concepts 1
    Home Defense/Business Defense Shotgun Course
    BFT USPSA Instructional League

With that said, that's a decent amount of time/money/ammo shooting with one person. I have taken something away from every single class. Some classes were very much eye openers (Like my first class, when I "thought" I could shoot decent).

There has been a VERY positive change I've made in my shooting from only a year ago thanks to the above training and trigger time. The more you train/shoot the more you want to, so I started doing some USPSA matches starting in the winter. Now with about ten of them under my belt and feeling decently comfortable, it's very hard to remember a year ago at my first class with Coach I could barely keep holes on the paper at 10yards.

So, just here to tell you if you see a class with Coach that you are interested in, take it. They are reasonable, and value filled. You WILL improve your shooting and you'll have a good time doing it.

Top Bottom