• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm a member of a few motorcycle boards (not this one) and people often ask how they can/should carry their pistol when riding. I'm not sure what advice this person followed, but if he was carrying in a good holster, I can't see how this happened. Any ideas? How do you carry when you are riding?

08425E91-91F2-40A2-8C64-B1D176BBCF22_zpsg2lqw7ib.jpg

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I carry the same way as when I'm not riding. Definitely looks like a holster issue, probably junk in the trigger guard.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I see the problem here.

Going to meet the motorcycle gang at the Gelato Shop.

Probably a 1%er, just at the other extreme of the percentages in the bell curve (or should I say roundabout curve).

A couple of weeks ago coming home through Indy a kid passed us on I-69 going close to 90mph doing a wheelie. As his t-shirt came up in the wind you could see his gun securely in place in his IWB holster. Safety First! Then he crossed five lanes of traffic to exit the interstate.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's hard to know what happened without knowing the type of gun.

It might not be a holster issue.
    Could be a gun without a drop safety that just went off upon impact when he crashed.
    Or he did some "homemade gunsmithing" and messed up the safety. :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well spotted guys.

It's the tumbnail picture from that Youtube video, from 2011.

[video=youtube;zYvAxLX6OzE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE[/video]

maxresdefault.jpg

Wow.
    Good search.
    I tried to find it, but was unsuccessful. And sickened. Wow did I find graphic pics.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wow.
    Good search.
    I tried to find it, but was unsuccessful. And sickened. Wow did I find graphic pics.

I remembered seeing his video years ago, remembered his name (Tex Grebner), and used a thumbnail grabber to get the pic. :)

You can find the same pic if you search "shot in the leg" in Google image, but yeah there you find more graphic stuff too.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Thumb break, with full trigger cover, on a good belt. Safest auto is one without round in chamber, but that rather defeats your purpose. DA only auto? Maybe a basic revolver? Of course in an accident, it is impossible to predict what you might hit, or what might hit you and how hard, so there will always be some risk of AD. I did read here on INGO that Glocks can fire by themselves :):.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I KNEW that looked familiar. So, is the cycle forum post some kind of anti-gun bogus trolling? I mean, if the pic is an obvious fraud, what does that say about the post?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I KNEW that looked familiar. So, is the cycle forum post some kind of anti-gun bogus trolling? I mean, if the pic is an obvious fraud, what does that say about the post?

Not sure.
    From what I understand from the OP Que is not a member of that forum where that BS story was posted.

On a positive note that didn't happen during a motorcycle accident so it's safe to carry as you ride. :yesway:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Riding and carrying is one time that being left handed is a good thing!

...and who's dumb enough to buy a stretched GXSR as their starter bike?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    He's lying. As others have stated, that's Tex Grebner. Even if it wasn't a rather famous ND, look at where it's positioned on the leg and the path it took. Now imagine how a gun carried in any position on your body would discharge and follow that trajectory. You'd have to be carrying in some sort of straight drop or slightly reverse cant holster roughly halfway between appendix and strong side and with your leg straight. A straight leg doesn't jive with riding a GSXR. The pants are in pretty good shape for a crash strong enough to discharge a firearm, as well. No shredding or scrapes? I guess he had his squid suit over it? :rolleyes:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm not sure why anyone would pretend to have an accidental discharge.

If there's any kind of anti-gun agenda behind that I'm sure the story would have involved other people around him.
    Like an accidental discharge at his local library surrounded by a bunch of little kids, or accidently shooting someone else.
    Anti-gun people wouldn't be outraged at a guy shoothing himself if other people are not at risk.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I'm not sure why anyone would pretend to have an accidental discharge.

If there's any kind of anti-gun agenda behind that I'm sure the story would have involved other people around him.
    Like an accidental discharge at his local library surrounded by a bunch of little kids, or accidently shooting someone else.
    Anti-gun people wouldn't be outraged at a guy shoothing himself if other people are not at risk.
    Attention seeker?

Top Bottom