• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Anyone ever go to a high round carbine class (~1000) and shot it suppressed? Any issues that I should be concerned about.

Besides
    1) massive heat
    2) blowback
    3) weight
    4) gun getting dirtier then Kim kardashian

Besides lubing the crap out of my AR.....Should I take off the suppressor every couple hundred rounds so aid in cooling and to prevent the carbon from locking to the barrel? any other advice.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Anyone ever go to a high round carbine class (~1000) and shot it suppressed? Any issues that I should be concerned about.

Besides
    1) massive heat
    2) blowback
    3) weight
    4) gun getting dirtier then Kim kardashian

Besides lubing the crap out of my AR.....Should I take off the suppressor every couple hundred rounds so aid in cooling and to prevent the carbon from locking to the barrel? any other advice.

I've been on the line with other people with suppressors. I've never seen one do any maintenance during the day, but I don't know what they did after class concluded for the day to prepare for days 2, 3, etc.

I would ask the instructor of your class for some guidance. They're the only one who knows how hard you're going to push your gun during the drills.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    1. The heat is terrible. I can't stand VFGs but they are a must if you are going to shoot this much. Gloves are a must to at least have around.

2. Shoot with your mouth closed. Also buy quality ammo. I've had cheaper ammo turn into an ammonia capsule.

3. Beware of leg burns when it gets heavy and you sling it.

My biggest fear was the can walking off, which never happened, but the brake started to. I'd rather have the carbon lock it on but everything gets so hot it all cooks and loosens up.

These are my lessons of a 750 round day with a SCAR 16, SBR, and Surefire Socom 7.62 mini.

Good luck!

Top Bottom