Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If you carry a gun and find yourself in a position that it is difficult to find the time and a place to practice for EDC. This is the place. We will focus in the first hour each week on on skills that are essential for EDC. Then in the second hour will we place our focus on different skills each week. Week 1 is decision making and multiple target engagement, Week 2 is low light shooting, Week 3 is shooting on the move.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We can take four more. Climate controlled, practice skills useful in EDC.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    No it is not. Carry in like you would. There will be a time and place to switch carry ammo at the start and the end of the session. Looking forward to it.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We hope to fire the first shot at 7:30pm sharp. Please arrive early. There are no plans to cancel due to weather. Pre-loading magazines is encouraged. See you all tonight.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Tonight's session seemed to go very well. Everyone was safe. The marksmanship was very good. There was a huge pile of brass at the end. We did some shooting.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A slice of video of the second hour of January 7, 2018. Using cover/concealment and a little decision making.

[video=youtube;ILFWOv-Lbpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILFWOv-Lbpk[/video]

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Looks like a lot of fun, I'll have to see about getting into this. How many rounds do you normally shoot per session? For example. I normally carry a glock 43 with an extra magazine. Am I going to need more than I would normally carry?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Looks like a lot of fun, I'll have to see about getting into this. How many rounds do you normally shoot per session? For example. I normally carry a glock 43 with an extra magazine. Am I going to need more than I would normally carry?

I would bet most folks shot 300 rounds tonight. One client brought 200 and he ran out.

Round count varies. The number of rounds per drill varies per shooter. You would need at least three magazines. With a Glock 43 more than three magazines would be best. One drill we shoot requires three seven round magazines.

We shoot many drills that can be accomplished with one magazine but we move at a pace that small capacity magazines would mean you shoot less because you will be reloading mags more. This is a three week course for two hours per week. We shoot the same drills each week in the first hour to try and improve basic skills. The second hour is different each week, and the second hour is less shooting typically.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We are full in January and February. May add another session in April. March is too busy already.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    For those of you who missed this training opportunity, this is a great way to train and practice in a way that is simply not available in this area. It is for seasoned shooters as well as shooters that are relatively new to the sport, however a newbie would need some other training before doing this. Coach does a great job of noticing deficiencies and pointing them out so that all participants will benefit from the observation.:twocents:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Week 2 of Carry League 1 is Low light night. We do our normal drills for the first hour, and then we work on four different flashlight methods or techniques and then we go low light/no light and get in some reps with each technique. Following that we did four simple scenarios in no light. The clients shot them one at a time and they shot them blind. Blind meaning they were put into position in the complete darkness and then found threats with their light and engaged them.

Everyone was safe. Some folks shot really well. There were a number of hostages or innocent people shot tonight as well. I have the advantage of seeing everyone run the scenarios. Some observations in no particular order. Identifying threats in the dark was tough for half the class. We have some aging eyes in the group and that was part of it. We had a number of folks whose flashlight was not bright enough and that was part of the problem. A couple of targets were distant and that made the outline of the gun hard to see. (I think that is realistic) The final scenario that was a hostage scenario and the poor woman was brutally gunned down half the time rather than rescued. In one case neither the hostage or the bad guy were hit. (what happens next in that scenario)

My point: Gear is an issue. Have a good flashlight that has some intensity and range to it. Secondly we all need Strong Hand Only work, and a handheld flashlight means SHO work. Your recoil management is gone.

Thinking of adding a Carry League 1 in April. It is an opportunity to practice things indoors where it is warm that you normally cannot practice. The instructor tries hard to impart a little knowledge and feedback as well. Sometimes he provides good context.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Week 2 of Carry League 1 is Low light night. We do our normal drills for the first hour, and then we work on four different flashlight methods or techniques and then we go low light/no light and get in some reps with each technique. Following that we did four simple scenarios in no light. The clients shot them one at a time and they shot them blind. Blind meaning they were put into position in the complete darkness and then found threats with their light and engaged them.

Everyone was safe. Some folks shot really well. There were a number of hostages or innocent people shot tonight as well. I have the advantage of seeing everyone run the scenarios. Some observations in no particular order. Identifying threats in the dark was tough for half the class. We have some aging eyes in the group and that was part of it. We had a number of folks whose flashlight was not bright enough and that was part of the problem. A couple of targets were distant and that made the outline of the gun hard to see. (I think that is realistic) The final scenario that was a hostage scenario and the poor woman was brutally gunned down half the time rather than rescued. In one case neither the hostage or the bad guy were hit. (what happens next in that scenario)

My point: Gear is an issue. Have a good flashlight that has some intensity and range to it. Secondly we all need Strong Hand Only work, and a handheld flashlight means SHO work. Your recoil management is gone.

Thinking of adding a Carry League 1 in April. It is an opportunity to practice things indoors where it is warm that you normally cannot practice. The instructor tries hard to impart a little knowledge and feedback as well. Sometimes he provides good context.

I would encourage everyone to attend this course regardless of your skill level. I am learning things I did not know, that I didn't know. Excellent instruction and guidance.

Top Bottom