Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Lessons from 12,000 gunfights

At the Rangemaster Instructor Reunion & Conference we recently held in Shawnee, Oklahoma, John Correia presented an outstanding lecture on what he has observed in watching 12,000 gunfights on video. That’s right, 12,000. Surveillance cameras are everywhere now, and that fact brings us many, many videotaped violent incidents to study.

Noted trainer Karl Rehn (KR Training, near Austin, TX), attended the conference and he has written up his thoughts on John’s presentation. You can see them at Even more knowledge from the 2017 Rangemaster Instructor Conference ? Notes from KR

The next instructor reunion and conference will be on June 9-10, 2018, in Athens, GA. If you are a graduate of the Rangemaster instructor program you can register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rangema...ts-39451499497

User Info Menu

Thank God for Brazil.

User Info Menu

INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Very good info.
    Seen on Facebook: “Love trumping hate involves a lot more assault and arson than I thought it would”

"I believe in a system of Love and Karma, but, to counterbalance that, if it fails, I'm buying an AK-47..." - Unidentified Californian on Fox News following Antifa protests fascist riots

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twangbanger View Post
    Thank God for Brazil.

Actually, some of his more popular videos are from Brazil, but the majority are from the US.

User Info Menu

Good info, thanks for posting it.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Good info, thanks for posting it.
    Ditto ! Thanks ....it's a very informative article.

User Info Menu

A lot of good and interesting points in the article. I liked the list of seldom used but often trained skills. The following paragraph was one of my favorites.

If there was one thing I could fix or change about the gun culture, in its present state, it would be greater awareness or concern among those with carry permits about the importance of a quick, effective presentation of the gun from concealment, which would bring with it motivation to carry using better holsters, carry in methods that facilitate meeting realistic standards for draw to first shot times, recognition of the importance of training and proper practice in that skill. This video shows how a slow draw from off-body carry works, but just barely.

Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

This article just served to solidify my revolver carry and pocket flashlight vs high speed lowdrag billion lumens light. But, his video channel combined with BBI's stats is why i started doing that in the first place.

ETA:

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/c...lection-2.html

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/h...vers-suck.html
    Last edited by hog slayer; 12-04-2017 at 19:31.
    'Christianity does not set faith against thinking but against assuming." T. Keller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cedartop View Post
    A lot of good and interesting points in the article. I liked the list of seldom used but often trained skills. The following paragraph was one of my favorites.

If there was one thing I could fix or change about the gun culture, in its present state, it would be greater awareness or concern among those with carry permits about the importance of a quick, effective presentation of the gun from concealment, which would bring with it motivation to carry using better holsters, carry in methods that facilitate meeting realistic standards for draw to first shot times, recognition of the importance of training and proper practice in that skill. This video shows how a slow draw from off-body carry works, but just barely.

You don't want to barely win?
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast