Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Good math help is hard to find.

I assume your draw, reload and FSF times say you should be faster than what you are putting it all together comes out at.

Are you doing silly things like looking at the targets after shooting them? Dropping the gun? Slow on the draw? Thinking about stuff on the clock?
    How much are you missing the time by?
    I was a history major, not math. I was adding my draw, reload and splits. Forgot about transitions. The math adds up. I guess I am just temporarily stuck. BTW, during live fire this morning I found that my 25 yard times for 6R6 are about double my dry fire times.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cedartop View Post
    I was a history major, not math. I was adding my draw, reload and splits. Forgot about transitions. The math adds up. I guess I am just temporarily stuck. BTW, during live fire this morning I found that my 25 yard times for 6R6 are about double my dry fire times.
    History guys not being able to do math is almost a proverb.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

History guys not being able to do math is almost a proverb.

I can help with that. I'm better at math than I am at shooting.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I shot some groups at 25 yards this morning after some private instruction. It went ok. I have done a lot worse. I would like to do better. I also shot SHO and WHO at 7, 10 and 15 yards, and some small targets at 5 yards. Went pretty well. Focused on good trigger pulling and following the sights and trying not to rush. Did some one and two shot draws into really small triangles on the SEB target. Once again just ok.

Got home and cleaned the carry guns. Got some Steel Challenge dry fire in. Did SMoke and Hope with both Limited and SS guns. Going to take a little break. Then do the rest of the routine. Thinking about shooting the Carry gun Wednesday night.

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Gabe White standards.
    Bill reload Bill.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Carry League tonight, Chuch his morning, wrestling tournament this afternoon. Royce got 2nd in the tournament, and a nap at church.

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Kept the dry fire short tonight as I had some live fire during the day. With the sun out some of you boys would have probably been in shorts but at 15 degrees I was still COLD. Shot Fundamental speed drills.

Anyway,

Head shot sight picture. Annoyed that it takes me some amount of draws to warm up into this one.
    1X6.
    3 on 3. I could lower the time on this one, but I am trying to make sure I don't cheat the headshots.
    2 reload 2. I have to do everything right on this to make my par time and "shoot" all A's. No margin for error. Hands fast to the draw and perfect index on reload.
    Michael Swisher

Tired Of Winning

User Info Menu

... Royce got 2nd in the tournament, and a nap at church.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Plate rack series from RandR. For the first time ever, I am considering switching my mag release to the lefty friendly side.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

More observations:

1. The more "good" attempts you have, the more your mind can relax and start to see what the common thread is in them. I'm beginning to notice my eyes going to the right spots automatically, if a particular drill is reintroduced enough times. Given enough reps in a session, I will eventually get the thinker involved and muck it up, before recovering and ending on a high spot. But it's not taking a super long time into the session to get the right things to happen now. So that seems like a sign that some of this is starting to become durable, like you've built something you're going to take with you.

2. Even on the "bad" attempts, I think most of them would still be decent runs at a match. So that's something. You want good attempts. But when your bad ones are not even all that bad, compared to what you were before, that's another mark in the confidence column.

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast