Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Just dead tired tonight.

Managed to drag my sorry carcass out of the chair to at least do some concealed draws and try out the Anderson Pause and Efect reloads.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Got some work in with the carry gear, and that is it. Going to only to carry gear for the next four days. Did extra things with transitions and reloads.

I did take some time and look around in this mess and find my steggler book. All this talk about The Hopkins got me curious. Have not opened the book yet but it is laying on top of the pile. I like Matt Hopkins, and us fat guys need to stick together.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

No live fire today as I was at a geography bee most of the day and then ran into South Bend to go to the mall. Just now got the dry work in.

Like Coach, most of my live and dry work will be with the carry set up from now through next weekend.

Did a variety of things including draws and reloads. Also did the FBI qualification having to use scale targets for a lot of it.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

The Hopkins drill is a *****
    I don't have it set up at the new house yet. It's one of those things that you know you should be doing but it's so damn frustrating.
    Did some 2r2 with the carry gear
    El prez and movement with the gamer stuff.
    Going to silver Creek in the am against my better judgment
    I hate day light saving time. Thanks mitch
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

User Info Menu

Got home from Silver Creek about 90 minutes ago.
    It was a fun match, the stages were interesting with a good mix of challenges. I was surprised by one miss. it pisses me off because I called the shot a Charlie. I must be transitioning as the gun fires, not seeing what I think I am hell I don't know.
    Came in second in SS, 77% of an M, I call that improvement.
    The consistent dry practice is paying off, I think.
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

User Info Menu

Got some decent live fire in earlier today with the carry gear.

Dry fire with the carry gear was R and R 1-12. I do not do the surrender reps with carry gear but instead start from the fence for those.
    Michael Swisher

Expert

User Info Menu

I'm still just working on my draw-to-shot from concealment, racing the momentary targets on the Rangemaster.com suggested drills section.

At one point, I tried working in some of the "neuro-linguistic programming" (or my understanding of it) that Dave Spaulding wrote about in Combative Handgun, reconnecting with my emotional state during past times of danger in order to create a psychological link between 'threat' and 'shoot--NOW' (pulse is STILL up). Calling my shots, I saw about 1/2 of my reps end up with a janky 'flash-sight-picture'. Something to iron out.

Aside from that, I've found a way to adjust my stance as a 'work-around' for my post-disability wobble. Not great but much improved.
    Also have made progress getting used to the grip angle and trigger of my P320

User Info Menu

Got a little live fire in tonight after work.

Dry work with the Beretta 1301T. We are supposed to have the first 2 gun match of the season tomorrow night. At this point it looks like the weather is really going to suck. High 20's and 4 more inches of snow. blech.

Dry work with carry gear. All movement based. Draws, reloads, transitions. Off the X to various angles dynamic as well as controlled.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Got in a half hour or so of drills with the carry gear. Felt great. I have picked my cover garment for the weekend. Now I need to get my gear together for the Tactical Conference. I have bullets so I can also load if time allows.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

No dry practice tonight. First 2 gun match of the season. Shotgun/pistol. Mid 20's, 20+ mph winds, snowing to beat the band, whats not to like. Oh yeah, the last stage was low light too.
    Last edited by cedartop; 03-13-2018 at 20:24.
    Michael Swisher

Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast