• Corbon

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Columbus
    Hello INGO,

The Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club is Sponsoring Robert Vogel on March 31st and April 1st for a two-day long pistol course.

For more information, there is a flyer attached to this post or just continue to read this post.

About the Instructor:

Robert Vogel is a professional marksman, competition shooter, and National/World champion. He is the only Law Enforcement Officer ever to win World and National Championships in the Practical Pistol Disciplines of IPSC, IDPA and USPSA.

Robert is now a 3-time world champion and 23-time national champion across 3 disciplines of practical/combat shooting and has been all over the World competing and teaching. Besides this, he has been a Police Officer for over 13 years. Eight and a half of those years were spent as a full-time street cop while also being a member of the countyÂ’s joint-department SWAT team. During that tenure he also served as a firearm instructor for both the department and the SWAT team.

Accomplishments:

IPSC World Champion (Production)
    2-time IDPA World Champion (Stock Pistol)
    4-time USPSA National Champion (Production & Limited 10)
    8-time IDPA National Champion (Stock, Enhanced, Custom)
    9-time IDPA Indoor National Champion (Stock & Enhanced)
    2-time IPSC National Champion (Production&Standard)
    4-time Pro-Am Professional Champion (Limited & Open)
    3-time IDPA Carolina Cup Champion
    6-time USPSA Area Champion (Areas 5,6,8)
    12-time Indiana State Champion (USPSA & IDPA)
    9-time Ohio State Champion (USPSA & IDPA)
    12-time Michigan State Champion (USPSA & IDPA)
    7-time IDPA Great Lakes Regional Champion

About the Course:

In this course the student will be given the insight into what it takes to develop truly World Class shooting skills. Starting out with the fundamentals and then delving into a heavy dose of technique that goes well beyond the basics, the student will learn the dynamics involved in driving a pistol to the highest level. This course is designed around the ultimate and equal balance of accuracy and speed that is applicable just as much to LE/Military training as it is to competition. Aside from the techniques and skills taught this course also has aspects that require the student to truly “think” while operating on a course of fire. A balance between competitive shooting and tactical applications will be maintained. That being said, performing under pressure is paramount. Outside of actual real-life situations competition is one of the few ways pressure can truly be induced. If you carry or use a handgun in any way, shape or form you will benefit from this course.

Course Location, Fee and Enrollment Information:

· The event will take place at Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club's Outdoor Range in Gnaw Bone Indiana.
    · The course fee is $450.00 per person.
    · To enroll in the course, or for further information, contact Brett Dicks by email or phone/text at: brett_dicks@hotmail.com and 734-277-5985.

Student will need to bring:

· Semi-automatic (full or compact size, no subcompact) pistol.
    · Minimum of four magazines.
    · Outside the waistband pistol holster.
    · Minimum dual magazine holster.
    · Hearing protection (prefer electronic).
    · Eye Protection.
    · 1000 rounds of quality training ammunition.

Attachments

• Robert Vogel Flyer.pdf
      632.5 KB · Views: 76
    Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Vogel is a great shooter and a winner. If you own a handgun and go into the class with an open mind you will learn things. The class will be worth the time and money. Vogel is the only competition shooter from whom I have taken a competition class. It was worth it. Vogel is also pretty good guy. Vogel can do a high level of shooting with any gun. His success is due to mechanics, technique and work ethic and mental toughness. Take the class, learns some things and then go practice.

Corbon

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Columbus
    Thanks for the experienced review Coach.

Today 1/20/2018) the course was emailed to all Indiana SWAT Officer Association Members and is posted on their website.

Training

Click on the above "Training" to go to ISOA calendar to see the event.

Last edited:

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    I was able to go to his place in Ohio last year for a private class. It was a good time. Seeing him shoot in person is pretty humbling..

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Man, this is so much closer to home than the IL class. If I didn't have a scheduling conflict I'd be all over this one instead.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've worked a couple of matches that Bob shot. It was great to catch him walking stages the day before the matches. Fine personable fellow.
    At the match, you had to be on your game to be where he was with the last shot, that's for sure.

Didn't realize his fiance was Jessica Hook.

jkdbjj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2015
    rural
    He is one of the guys that can make anybody better. Never trained with him but have several friends who have, all say great things about the experience.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We hosted the USPSA State Match at Riley in 2013. Vogel shot the match on staff day. We also had a squad of Terre Haute PD and Vigo County deputys shooting the match on a squad that day. The cops shot as a side match of their own. They shot great points on every stage but were so slow compared to the USPSA standard. I RO'ed them all day and took them through the match. I had them watch Vogel shoot a couple of stages, and he was impressive as he normally is.

He shot a 32 round stage in 14 seconds and had all of the points on the stage. One of the guys said, "What just happened?" Most of the rest were speechless.

We were walking back to where we left off. One of the guys said, "I would like to see him handle a domestic call." I told him that he was a full time officer and had done that as well. It got quiet again. A few minutes later another guy said that he had a little better equipment than they had. I told him that I would bet $100 bucks that Vogel could use his gear and be within 1 second of the time. He did not take me up on the bet.

Vogel can shoot. Take the class and listen to him and you will be better.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Vogel can shoot. Take the class and listen to him and you will be better.

I'm trying. I'm supposed to be in Texas that weekend, but he's in Illinois this summer as well. I might be able to move the Texas trip up a week, trying to work it out with work.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The Carry Gun Match will be around, and it is place to display skills learned elsewhere.

Top Bottom