Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    GUN HANDLING 101 | Parabellum Firearms & Indoor Range

[h=1]Gun Handling 101[/h]This two-hour class will teach fundamental shooting and gun handling skills. The purpose of the class is to provide further instruction to the new and novice shooter following NRA Basic Class, Intro to Firearms, or the Ladies Guided Shoot. The student will be instructed in the proper grip, trigger control, loading, unloading, magazine changes, table top pick-ups, and draw stroke from the holster, and introduced to shot calling and snapping of the eyes.
    The cost is $50 per shooter.
    Please arrive early and allow time to be geared up and ready to go at 6:30 sharp.
    Required gear: Gun, holster, belt, at least 3 magazines, ammo and a magazine pouch.
    *150 rounds of center fire pistol ammo for your gun
    *Holster should allow one handed re-holstering (holster should not collapse when the gun is drawn)
    *A suitable holster and belt is necessary for this class. Pocket pistols, and cheap guns are not the best for this class.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Some video of the instructor shooting at a recent match. The skills required to drive the gun with the vision will be introduced in this course. Those skills are useful in EDC situations and well as shooting sports. If you want to be faster and more accurate this class is a great place to begin.

[video=youtube;F0qy1TKN49k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0qy1TKN49k[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The class is Monday March 5, 2018. I will try and get the header corrected. Sorry for the confusion.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A very full and a very safe class this evening. I hope everyone found it a valuable amount of time on the range.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I found the class to be informative and nicely paced. If you have some experience with shooting, just not properly, this is a great way to get started on learning how to do things correctly. To be able to take each incremental step taught and immediately apply it to the targets down range was immensely helpful in showing the differences between what can be the results versus the same old frustrating results.

The class stays at a steady tempo and each new step is layered into the previous lesson taught. Accumulating at the end with a good practice target for really focusing on running the gun with your vision. Having never ran any targets of this nature, I personally really enjoyed this part. I found it very challenging as well as rewarding to see what I was capable off with the steps taught. This was a great experience and it has left me wanting more instruction.

My personal take aways:

* Proper trigger control (register position) is MUCH harder than I was aware. I always tried to be conscious of my finger placement, or I thought I was...
    * I need to slow down. I get in a hurry. Speed with accuracy will/might come with practice.
    * Stop caring about where that last round hit. Do it right and you will always know where it hit.
    * Bring the sight to your eye when moving from target to target. In the past I would move around like a tank. Now I know why that always felt awkward.
    * I need a lot more practice with malfunctions. I never practiced before.
    * I need a lot more practice with mag changes.
    * I need a lot more practice with single hand manipulations. I was very apprehensive using my weak hand.
    * I need to sign up for more classes.
    * Proper trigger control (register position) is MUCH harder than I was aware. I always tried to be conscious of my finger placement, or I thought I was...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom