• ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Full Description

Managing Confrontations is a relatively complex class with a relatively simple goal. We want you to understand the entire situation leading up to the start of a fight. Many places can teach you to fight and we offer other classes on how to use weapons. Very few people teach anything about the time between “everything’s fine” to the start of an attack.

A significant part of Managing Confrontations is the Managing Unknown Contacts (MUC) framework developed by Craig Douglas at Shivworks. This module is included with Craig’s permission because there is no better method to handle the initial interaction with an unknown person. Much other previous work has also been included and references to original contributors will be made during class where appropriate.

We will slowly build our framework by teaching a portion then integrating it in live scenarios. Piece by piece we will increase your ability to deal with stress, observation, and decision-making. Eventually the process of understanding the interaction and pre-fight phase of the fight will become second nature and automatic leaving you free to make decisions on what to do next.

Finally, we’ve added a module covering the basics of the types of combatives likely to be encountered in a fight. There will not be any belts discussed and this won’t be techniques that require years of practice to master. These are the fundamental basics for interacting with another person during a fight. There are no style points, and it will not be pretty. We cover some points on striking to close distance. We cover the standing clinch portion in great detail as most fights are won or lost here. We then cover fundamentals of ground fighting and what you need to know. This information has been around for centuries and the lessons learned here are found in every martial art around the world. We will keep what is needed, remove the fluff and style, and present it in an easy to understand concise way. You will be given opportunities to pressure test the material if you so choose.

I’ve said before if I could only share one piece of the puzzle I’ve learned over my years of training, it would be this material. I honestly use this material every single week, often multiple times. It can be used on everyone from coworkers to panhandlers and muggers to ski-masked murderers. Understand how criminals operate, break their pattern, and stay ahead of the curve.

This class is designed for both men and women. Children 14+ are common students and encouraged to attend. If you have questions about a family member attending, please contact the instructors below. The class will be active, but only lightly physical with the ability to do more or less as you choose.

Topics Covered

• Criminal Assault Indicators
    • Mentality of an Attacker
    • Ways to Maintain Awareness Without Being Paranoid
    • Mobility is Everything
    • Schematic for How Fights Take Place
    • When and How Weapons Come into Play
    • Avoiding the Legal Aftermath
    • Key Points of Striking, Clinching, and Ground Fighting
    • Much, Much More

For more information and to register, go here.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The material in this class is valuable and often overlooked in the training for life. There are two options for dates listed and the location is central Indiana and easy to get to from nearly everywhere. Weather will not be a factor in the classroom. Get signed up for this class. Money well spent. The instructors do a good job with the material.

Do you have a wife? (that you like) A teenage daughter? They should take this class.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Have teen children? This would also be a good class for them. Especially older teens soon-to-be headed to college or already IN college.

My wife and I took this class a while ago. It's really fantastic.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thanks for all the good words everyone. This is great material and Josh does a good job of presenting it. As most people know, I really enjoy shooting, but realistically the information presented in this class is much more likely to be useful.

One of my favorite things about this class is the diverse group of students. We have gun carriers and not. We have young and older, male and female, just a really good cross section of people. It is very interesting to see all of the different ways people react to and work with the material.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    More people should get signed up and pay close attention while there.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Between ECQC / MUC from Craig Douglas and Unthinkable from Dr William Aprill (both in 2017), I'd suggest this class...

I've mentioned it to a few friends, but not sure their schedules (or injuries) will allow it to happen. Does this include the Mountain Goat Drill or is it more verbally based?

Top Bottom