Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    There are two slots left for this class. Read the course description carefully. This should not be your first class or even your first Defensive Pistol Class. Real concealment as well.

https://www.fpftraining.com/product...-and-tactics-terra-haute-ind-24-25-march-2018

I have sat in on John Murphy's lecture at last years Rangemaster Tactical Conference and I am hosting this event. You can PM or email me if you have questions. If I cannot answer them myself I will get the answer.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Meeting John at the range this afternoon to show him the lay of the land. Gate should be open shortly after 7 am. Start time 7:45. See you all there.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Met up with John at the range. We got some target stands ready to go. He got the lay of the land. Lots of time in the clubhouse tomorrow and with the weather that is going to be a good thing it looks like. Looking forward to class.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Met up with John at the range. We got some target stands ready to go. He got the lay of the land. Lots of time in the clubhouse tomorrow and with the weather that is going to be a good thing it looks like. Looking forward to class.

Hope he brought his snowshoes. Path has shifted to put RCC right in the middle of the snow path. Looked like it was going to be wet as of last night... Nope.

Still looking forward to it.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Spent the day in the classroom due to the cold driving rain. Good material there. Hopefully dry tomorrow for a long day on the range. The drive home sucked and not looking forward to the drive in the morning.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Home from this class. The weather sucked. The weather was ridiculous. At the end of the day this was a great class for a number of reasons. Tomorrow I will post and official AAR. This is a must take class. I am very glad that it went down.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Thanks to Coach for putting this class together. John Murphy is an EXCELLENT instructor. I've taken a ton of classes from a bunch of different instructors, and this class was different and more comprehensive than anything I've taken before.

Covered was:
    - Managing unknown confrontations
    - Pepper spray usage, timing, and practice
    - Going to the pistol
    - Shooting on the move
    - Shot placement
    - Medical treatment of gunshot wounds (both on yourself and others)
    - Dealing with the aftermath of a shooting scene
    - How to handle the police after a shooting

Saturday was all classroom work, Sunday was range time.

We went through about 500 rounds each on Sunday running countless drills and situations. John has a way the student could be confronted by a paper target in front of them, while John was behind as the voice of that target, and different color lasers were shined on the target to indicate the presence and severity of the threat (if any). Great teaching tool.

I don't have my notes in front of me, so I'm probably leaving some things out. But, the bottom lines is that if/when John Murphy returns to the area to do classes in the future, SIGN UP AND GO. You will not be disappointed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom