• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I started dry firing 3-4 nights a week about 3 weeks ago. Did about 100 trigger pulls each time with a G-sight laser and my cell phone to record the hit locations.

Started at 4 yards and my left hand dominant shooting was putting my shots high and right, same as live fire. After a couple nights though my shots were all in the black.

Moving back when consistently in the black I am at 7 yards (where I normally live fire) and now putting 95% in the black.

Went to the range Saturday and my first 10 at 7 yards were all in the black (2" bulls-eye), wow! Before dry fire I was 40% in the black.

As I continued to shoot my accuracy degraded over the next 3 targets (10 shots each). But I finished my session with 50% in the black overall, a significant improvement before dry firing started.

I normally go to the range every week, will now include dry fire in between.

I am using a Browning 1911-380 (SA). After the first night of dry firing I had to wait a few days because my thumb was so sore from pulling the hammer back. I fixed this by putting on a band-aid first.

Also did some one handed dry fire, did better with my weak (right) hand than my left. At least I hit the 8.5" x 11" target every time at 4 yards.

Looking forward to another week of dry fires and then range time.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Have an inexpensive fix for the thumb. A drop of superglue (do not stick it to another finger or anything till it dries) will provide a layer of protection with much better feel than the bandaid. Old band mates used it for guitar finger skin when they used to play 12 hours a day.

Top Bottom