Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Overheard gem.. "I need to get a reloading station, house first and then a reloading station". Interesting priorities, reloading "station" is second only to a house?
    Part of a quote from a facebook posting about training

"For some people its just not really doable for reasons like location to training centers. (Though not impossible) that being said you will always have those people that just think its cool and like to waste money."
    I've never heard the argument that people that train just "think it's cool and like to waste money".
    Maybe one of the Sages here on INGO can explain that thought process to me because I'm at a loss.

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright

What you regret most are the things not said and chances not taken

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NHT3 View Post
    Overheard gem.. "I need to get a reloading station, house first and then a reloading station". Interesting priorities, reloading "station" is second only to a house?

"For some people its just not really doable for reasons like location to training centers. (Though not impossible) that being said you will always have those people that just think its cool and like to waste money."
    I've never heard the argument that people that train just "think it's cool and like to waste money".
    Maybe one of the Sages here on INGO can explain that thought process to me because I'm at a loss.

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

Aron Bright

But, but, a gun is a magical talisman that prevents the bearer from being hurt. Why in the world would you waste time and money training?

At least that's the argument I expect based on what I've come to understand of a lot of gun owners.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    But, but, a gun is a magical talisman that prevents the bearer from being hurt. Why in the world would you waste time and money training?

At least that's the argument I expect based on what I've come to understand of a lot of gun owners.
    And there you have it. Time/money.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NHT3 View Post

Unnamed Navy Seal

Aron Bright

That's one of things that continues to baffle me. I understand not wanting to drive 5 hours each way or more, but some people (many of whom are in dire need of professional instruction) refuse based on driving an hour or even half an hour. Some of those same people have a morning commute that is close to that long, yet making a similar drive to attend a class is akin to an expedition to explore the antarctic. Those same people won't hesitate to drive several hours to attend a concert or sporting event. If you require that the teacher comes to your living room and offer the class while you're on your couch, I suspect the interest in training is not significant. People who really want to train aren't deterred by driving an hour or two. People who refuse training (who know they need it) because of an hour or two of driving are making excuses because they don't really want to do it.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    That's one of things that continues to baffle me. I understand not wanting to drive 5 hours each way or more, but some people (many of whom are in dire need of professional instruction) refuse based on driving an hour or even half an hour. Some of those same people have a morning commute that is close to that long, yet making a similar drive to attend a class is akin to an expedition to explore the antarctic. Those same people won't hesitate to drive several hours to attend a concert or sporting event. If you require that the teacher comes to your living room and offer the class while you're on your couch, I suspect the interest in training is not significant. People who really want to train aren't deterred by driving an hour or two. People who refuse training (who know they need it) because of an hour or two of driving are making excuses because they don't really want to do it.
    So correct! Most Casual Gun Owners don’t wanna put in the work required needed. Some think they can Gadget themselves to quality marksmanship. Training? We don’t need no stinking training.
    "Test what you Think You Know"

User Info Menu

It's worse than you portray it. I've asked people on the range with a bloody thumb if they would like me to show them how to avoid bloodshed and been flatly refused. One response was a very indignant "I KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG". Too many people can't bring themselves to say those three little words "I don't know". It's disturbing but seems to be the world we now live in. I still don't understand disparaging someone that trains as somehow wasting time and or money?

Unnamed Navy Seal

Aron Bright
    What you regret most are the things not said and chances not taken

Marksman

User Info Menu

As Clint Smith says, "People spend money on what they want to not what they need to"

I agree Rhino, but I'll go one step further and this applies to a lit of people across the board. However those of us that run agency training programs see it in their performance. People get trained up and then fail to practice (some might call it training but whatever). To build or or stay proficient on the skill.

I don't know how many of my borderline shooters that have to reshoot every year refuse to, OR make excuses as to why they haven't went to the range since the last qualification. It's not going to Europe people its 20 dollars worth of ammo a month even.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

This past weekend I put on a free class. One question from a student asked what a proper grip should be. I demonstrated and explained it. One client nearly cut his thumb off with a bad grip.

Pay attention to the training.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This past weekend I put on a free class. One question from a student asked what a proper grip should be. I demonstrated and explained it. One client nearly cut his thumb off with a bad grip.

Pay attention to the training.
    We call that "railroad tracks" have a few of our resident knuckleheads do that during qualifications. Like HTH does this happen, never had that issue on military ranges and we had knuckleheads there too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ECS686 View Post
    We call that "railroad tracks" have a few of our resident knuckleheads do that during qualifications. Like HTH does this happen, never had that issue on military ranges and we had knuckleheads there too.
    The very shape of a Handgun screams to the noob to hold it that way and in handling it the design of the trigger guard invites fingers. Always has, always will. Our job is never done. Plus they watch too many movies.

"Test what you Think You Know"

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast