Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NHT3 View Post
    Some would justify putting rounds down range at 5 yards out of an AR was practice but personally I consider it lunacy. But that's just me , what do I know?
    A couple of years ago, I did a range trip to PB with my nephew. He’s a decorated Green Beret and was shooting his POF .308 at either 7 or 10 yards. I started to give him crap and his response was that this is the distance that he normally shot people at. I shut up and just went back to enjoying shooting with him.
    ‘88 (aka ‘88, the mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Open ammo is not returnable but it was a rental gun and a range counter mistake so in that case the mistake is supposed to be corrected. I don't know what happened that rifle was exchanged rather than the ammo.
    I'd say the mistake was corrected (matched up firearm/ammo) without violating any ammo return policy.
    I'm sure some people might have been pissed, but it sounds like this shooter wasn't terribly put out.

Even at stores where the ammo is retrieved from behind the counter by employees, or even rare cases where the printed box says X but contains Y...
    My experience has been: no returns on ammo = NO RETURNS ON AMMO

Always inspect your ammo purchases, cause once you pay you own it regardless of anything else that happened.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JollyMon View Post
    Agreed. We have one in our bedroom in addition to our pistols. A rifle with a weapon mounted light is gonna be coming out as soon as I need it. Ill leave the pistol for my wife.
    My 1st response go to is a PCC with light. Not as much fear of shooting through the walls with the 9mm.
    The AR pistol (223) is for serious work.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    My 1st response go to is a PCC with light. Not as much fear of shooting through the walls with the 9mm.
    Nothing wrong with that statement... But, the training at 5 yards still remains, even with a PCC, you have the height over bore and need to know hold overs. Something that I dont think should be ridiculed.... that blasphemous AR in the picture maybe, but the 5 yard shooting no.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    This might be worth a watch.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    This might be worth a watch.

Interesting.
    There was an old house on the family farm that had been empty for years. Plans were to knock it down. We set up and put maybe 200 rounds through the house. Difference was it had plaster and lath walls except in the addition. The results were interesting and did not mirror this test in the video. It is possible the construction materials back in the day were tougher. Also hitting toilets/sinks/cabinets etc.
    The old refrigerator offered some serious resistance.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Just so you understand the mentality, they are zeroing the rifles at 5 and 7 yards. They don't understand the premise of "hold over" and the fact that the bore is 2 inches lower than the optic or scope. I would say that 80% of the .556 that I see go down range is at 10 yards or less and the minimum number is 100 rounds. It's a mentality that I can't wrap my head around. It's not my concern as to what they are trying to accomplish but I would love to have that question answered after watching a guy put a couple hundred downrange at 10 yards.

Case in point. Guy was miffed because his red dot did not have enough adjustment to sight in @ 10 yards

NRA Life Member / Basic Pistol instructor / RSO…Glock/ M&P Certified armorer

"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard"
    Unnamed Navy Seal

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” Coach
    Last edited by NHT3; 12-05-2019 at 18:38.
    What you regret most are the things not said and chances not taken

Ark

User Info Menu

Sheesh. I frequently find myself coming home from the range with leftover .223 because "well, I've done the testing and training I wanted to accomplish today and there's nothing else to do but make noise".

Maybe I'm just a poor, but I ain't an ordnance disposal unit. Shooter fatigue sets in by 100 rounds and I'm not gonna burn expensive ammo for the sake of burning it with no real training or fun value. At least do low ready drills or rifle dot torture or something other than make noise.

Shooter

User Info Menu

It's a mentality that I can't wrap my head around. It's not my concern as to what they are trying to accomplish but I would love to have that question answered after watching a guy put a couple hundred downrange at 10 yards.
    I have shot hundreds of rounds at 10 yards doing ready ups in a session. hell I have been to an AR course where the majority of the rounds (at least 500) sent were at a range less then 7. It was also a cqb course in a shoothouse but still....

Getting a sight picture from low ready and repetition builds muscle memory.

but maybe this let’s alienate members of our tribe because they don’t do it the same way as me mentality should end
    Last edited by JollyMon; 12-05-2019 at 19:51.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JollyMon View Post
    Nothing wrong with that statement... But, the training at 5 yards still remains, even with a PCC, you have the height over bore and need to know hold overs. Something that I dont think should be ridiculed.... that blasphemous AR in the picture maybe, but the 5 yard shooting no.
    so is a 5 yard shot worth tying up both hands and arms and limited partial movement when a handgun might be a better choice and not create as large of exposed weak points on your person or limit your agility? Just askin?

"Test what you Think You Know"

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast