Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Lebanon Police Department Range

November 2-4

Gunsite

Indiana123 Three Day Carbine

In this class you will learn proper zeroing and sighting for your choice of sights and optics. All manipulations will be thoroughly taught as they apply to your weapon system. You will fire from a variety of conventional and unconventional shooting positions. Our instructors will show you how to get into and recover from sitting, kneeling and prone variations. This course also includes introduction to low light and no light shooting techniques.

www.gunsite.com

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Where is the Lebanon Police Department Range? Is it the same facility as the Boone County Sheriff's Dept range near the jail?

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Construction began about 4 years ago. It became operational last year. This is the first year for outside classes

jkdbjj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2015
    rural
    I'm sure its wort it, but $1,000 is a lot of $$$$$$

$1,000.00 is real money, for sure, but might be a bargain depending on who is instructing and how many students are allowed to sign up. For a small class with great instruction, very reasonable.

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Ken Campbell said he would be out for this one. I cant remember if Jerrod said he will be at this class or not.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ken Campbell said he would be out for this one. I cant remember if Jerrod said he will be at this class or not.

Holy Moley! That's great news! Jerrod is a fine teacher, but learning from Ken is a rare opportunity if you can't travel to Arizona.

If I wasn't laid off, having Ken there would motivate me to strongly consider joining the class. I completed Gunsite 123 with him the first time he offered it in cold weather (at my request) and afterward he said to me, "Never again." It was a great class, but even I got a little chilly during the lecture part of the low light shoot.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We have a heated range building to warm up in if it does get cold.

That's cool. I normally don't get cold, even when I'm in shorts and everyone else is in snowmobile suits. Ken slapped those chemical heater packs designed for sticking on your lower back on the bases of our necks and were good to go!

Do you have a restroom as well? That can be important for a significant number of students who don't do well with port-o-lets (like most women and big guy me).

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    All of our training I am bringing in is open to the public unless the trainer restricts it. So far for 2019 I have Gunsite coming back 4 times. Larry Vickers will be here in June for a 2 day carbine class. Glock will be here in April doing an armorer class and their Glock Operator class. If anyone wants to know about our classes send me a pm with your email and I will add you to my training list.

Craigh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    My daughters and I just took Gunsite 150 this past weekend and I will say Lebanon's Police range is a VERY nice facility. The classroom is new, good lighting, comfortable chairs and tables with refrigerator. Running water with a single bath room (causing a bit of wait time with a large class). The back side of the building (facing the firing berm) is covered with picnic tables for gear. Again, its a very nice facility with super easy access on/off 65.

Thanks,

Craig

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Craig-
    I am glad you guys had a good time. Thanks again for coming out and training at our range. We were at our max capacity with that group. But it was great seeing how many familes were in the class.

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    A good stiff carry belt with a couple of AR mag pouches would be fine. You wouldn't need a chest rig for this class. You would also need a good handgun holster and a couple mag pouches.

Top Bottom