• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I set out this year to DryFire for at least 5, and as many as 15 minutes every single day in 2018. It's now half way through April, and I've kept my goal. I think an important part of any practice is to make sure you do things perfectly, as perfect practice makes perfect. The other thing I've found helpful is to have a game plan for each session. I tend to do at least one day of Burkett Drills although I use "Tap Rack Trainers" so I can follow through with seating the magazine and racking the slide. (another option is to remove your magazine followers.)

Recently I was turned on to this book DryFire Reloaded by Ben Stoeger. It lays out several plans for doing Skills and Drills in your home.

I started out with Dot Torture targets, and 5x5 drill targets on the walls. One at 3 yards, and the other at 7 yards in my home office. I wrote a quick and dirty script for my computer that calls out between 1 and 3 random numbers between 1 and 10, to help pick up targets more quickly (using the dot torture target). Once Ben's book gets here I'll be working through some of his drills.

What kinds of drills do you run?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Tagged for interest. My dry fire is very simple. However, I need to take it more seriously I think especially in the coming months when I've got more time than I've had over the past year.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Way to keep at it Lars. I got the book for Christmas. I have read it. Yet to do any drills. I am a fairly disciplined person and I know I'll get to it, but I'm also a very focused person. And right now I am focusing on finishing my basement which is where my "cave" is.

The good news is that carpet will get installed this Thursday so I'm getting close! Paint and hang the doors, grout the shower and bathroom floors, build a vanity, install the toilet and make and install the window sills and it's done!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Way to keep at it Lars. I got the book for Christmas. I have read it. Yet to do any drills. I am a fairly disciplined person and I know I'll get to it, but I'm also a very focused person. And right now I am focusing on finishing my basement which is where my "cave" is.

The good news is that carpet will get installed this Thursday so I'm getting close! Paint and hang the doors, grout the shower and bathroom floors, build a vanity, install the toilet and make and install the window sills and it's done!

We're having a new house built. Things will get busy around October when we move.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have been drying firing more lately as well. Not every day, but a couple hours every week. I have found that my reloads and initial draw is becoming much smoother. That is what I have been focusing on at this point.

I found this app for my android phone and I like it. It has been helpful by adding some time stress. I am not sure if there is an iphone version, but here is a link to the android version.....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.csl1911a1.dryfirepartimer&hl=en

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I have been dry firing since February with the G-Sight laser and recording hits on my phone.

After a couple weeks I can hit the bulls-eye consistently.

I was live fire shooting about once a week, 50 rounds, 7 yards at 2" bulls-eye. I plateaued at 40% hitting the bulls-eye.

After a couple weeks of dry fire I now hit the bulls-eye about 70%+. I dry fire about 4-5 days a week.

I do about 100 trigger pulls when dry firing. My support hand now goes to the gun automatically in the right position, don't have to feel around.

I am gripping stronger too with my support hand.

Still I am tired when done and my arms ache a bit. But it is cheap, fun, and improving my grip and shooting.

Top Bottom