• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just got back from another week in Mexico. Thought I'd post a pic of what I emptied out of my clothing and pockets.

IMG_0598.JPG

What do you see and what are they for?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My favorite cigars I've ever had. Yellow label Cuban cohibas. For smoking and white house interns
    Kevlar cord for cutting restraints.
    Handcuff keys, for handcuffs. I also carry a composite one so I can hide it from metal detectors.
    Kneck knife for killing, I mean peeling fruit.
    Cash for bribes.
    Solid metal pens for fighting and pressure points.
    Bleeder kid for big trauma.
    Lights for seeing and signaling.
    Prybar for entry and egress.
    Distraction wallet for fooling theives.
    Lighter for fire.
    Marker for leaving signals, direction of travel and notes on any surface..
    Ducttape for chest seals and other stuff because its awesome

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Didn't know they had Speedway's in Mexico.

They don't as far as I know...that is the decoy wallet filled with about 10-15 dollars in $1s and pesos , used gas cards, compromised/cancelled credit cards so that if I have to give it up they are getting a tiny amount of $ and useless plastic.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Randy, I was going to ask about the Speedway card on the other forum, but it probably wouldn’t have been accepted as well. I would only add a ceramic razor blade or tiny diamond file to your kit to round it out as near perfect as can be without fire support.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My favorite cigars I've ever had. Yellow label Cuban cohibas. For smoking and white house interns
    Handcuff keys, for handcuffs. I also carry a composite one so I can hide it from metal detectors.
    Cash for bribes.
    Lighter for fire.
    You were either on the other forum, or have spent time in places such as I have?

jkdbjj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2015
    rural
    The little fruit knife is a good carry item. Very cheap, sharp, disposable, light. With that lighter you can also make a pocket sheath for it out of any discarded plastic water bottle.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The little fruit knife is a good carry item. Very cheap, sharp, disposable, light. With that lighter you can also make a pocket sheath for it out of any discarded plastic water bottle.
    There are other forums that mod that same victorinox fruit knife with a thumb hold in the handle to make it even more efficient. The best $5 a frequent world traveler can invest in.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Cash for hookers.
    Lighter for fire.

FIFY

Funny thing is that I have pretty much the same EDC minus the cigars and decoy wallet.

If you want to rob my wallet you get the real one thrown at your face as a diversion.I will pick it up later hopefully with no blood on it (that's why I also carry nitrile gloves).
    Also I have a fixed blade to slice cheese and an Emerson folder for bread, I don't eat as much fruits.
    Still have a Bic lighter even though I don't smoke.
    My Sharpie is to right the time for tourniquet application.
    The handcuff key is mainly because I don't want to be left handcuffed to the bed if I lose the other key. :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You were either on the other forum, or have spent time in places such as I have?
    Not on any other forums but if it has that kind of stuff it sounds interesting. Last time we talked I think we did have some similar travel pasts. No more for me though. I dont ever plan on leaving American soil again.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    FIFY

Funny thing is that I have pretty much the same EDC minus the cigars and decoy wallet.

If you want to rob my wallet you get the real one thrown at your face as a diversion.I will pick it up later hopefully with no blood on it (that's why I also carry nitrile gloves).
    Also I have a fixed blade to slice cheese and an Emerson folder for bread, I don't eat as much fruits.
    Still have a Bic lighter even though I don't smoke.
    My Sharpie is to right the time for tourniquet application.
    The handcuff key is mainly because I don't want to be left handcuffed to the bed if I lose the other key. :):
    Thanks for fixing that lol. I was gonna put cash for donkey show but I was trying to keep from cracking myself up lol.
    Hookers in Mexico are cheap too but you better keep both eyes open and wrap it good lol.
    I wasnt even thinking about writing the tourniquet time on it or the skin. Good catch Sylvain.
    Lol on the key, always keep a shim in your belt or behind a flag patch (dont wear flag patches when traveling)

Last edited:

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    There are other forums that mod that same victorinox fruit knife with a thumb hold in the handle to make it even more efficient. The best $5 a frequent world traveler can invest in.

Yeah Ed Calderon has been a long time proponent of the Victorinox fruit knife with the finger indexing cutout for pikal grip knife work. The down side to that (even if minimal downside ) is that it now obviously has been modified for some reason and that might raise questions if examined . And I know some people may have a hard time with it but in some places you can find yourself in just as much danger from the authorities as from the criminals......

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thanks for fixing that lol. I was gonna put cash for donkey show but I was trying to keep from cracking myself up lol.
    Hookers in Mexico are cheap too but you better keep both eyes open and wrap it good lol.
    I wasnt even thinking about writing the tourniquet time on it or the skin. Good catch Sylvain.
    Lol on the key, always keep a shim in your belt or behind a flag patch (dont wear flag patches when traveling)

The Sharpie is probably tough enough to be used as a windlass to make an improvised tourniquet as well.
    Works well as a kubotan in a pinch and better than a sharp metal pen IMO, especially if you don't want to pierce the skin and be exposed to potential bad stuff.
    A metal pen with a shemagh would be another good option for an improvided tourniquet.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Sharpie is probably tough enough to be used as a windlass to make an improvised tourniquet as well.
    Works well as a kubotan in a pinch and better than a sharp metal pen IMO, especially if you don't want to pierce the skin and be exposed to potential bad stuff.
    A metal pen with a shemagh would be another good option for an improvided tourniquet.
    Yep for sure. And always a good thing to have when your buddies pass out so you can draw dick and balls on their face

jkdbjj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2015
    rural
    Yeah Ed Calderon has been a long time proponent of the Victorinox fruit knife with the finger indexing cutout for pikal grip knife work. The down side to that (even if minimal downside ) is that it now obviously has been modified for some reason and that might raise questions if examined . And I know some people may have a hard time with it but in some places you can find yourself in just as much danger from the authorities as from the criminals......

Ed would be an interesting guest to have teach for a weekend.

I prefer to rough up the plastic a little in places on those fruit knives. Not so obvious as a cutout, but can improve grip a little. Also prefer a dog tag chain type necklace to paracord...far easier to break if caught in a bind.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I was expecting something like this:

51_RMKbi_OXr_L._SX466.jpg

Or this:

dz_Wr_Bh5.jpg

Randy Harris

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ed would be an interesting guest to have teach for a weekend.

I prefer to rough up the plastic a little in places on those fruit knives. Not so obvious as a cutout, but can improve grip a little. Also prefer a dog tag chain type necklace to paracord...far easier to break if caught in a bind.

Dog chain makes sense if used as a neck knife but I was using it IWB with cord looped around belt. I needed it to NOT break .

Top Bottom