• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    My daughter is 10 years old and I feel she is coming to the age where she should get well versed in firearms safety. We have been over the basics, and she understands them. She has also shot my savage 954, (.22lr) and done very well.

I'm looking to take a course with her with a concentration on safety. I know most intro courses fit this bill. Is there any specific courses in nwi, crown point area that anyone can personally recommend for a kid? I'd be willing to make a trip out of it if it's worth the quality of the instructor. She lives in Lafayette, so we spend a lot of time there as well.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    My daughter is 10 years old and I feel she is coming to the age where she should get well versed in firearms safety. We have been over the basics, and she understands them. She has also shot my savage 954, (.22lr) and done very well.

I'm looking to take a course with her with a concentration on safety. I know most intro courses fit this bill. Is there any specific courses in nwi, crown point area that anyone can personally recommend for a kid? I'd be willing to make a trip out of it if it's worth the quality of the instructor. She lives in Lafayette, so we spend a lot of time there as well.

A Revere's Riders basic course would be a good start for you. Contact 308Jake on this board, he'll help.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    rimg.php

Some of us are participating in this annual event.
    We hit safety pretty hard.
    She can shoot a variety of guns. Some .22. Some bigger. She only shoots what she feels comfortable shooting.
    I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but it is FREE. And, SAFETY is emphasized.

Note: times are eastern. So, it's an hour ahead of us.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I was thinking this might be a good year to do Appleseed with my daughter. Her 4H group was providing lunch (for a small fee), to the last group that came through and she didn't seem completely bored with it. Which is saying a lot considering she is 14 and there are no electronics involved.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Thanks for the ideas! I'm thinking it'd be great to start off with something fun around other kids her age. I feel that would really engage her before taking a serious class. I'm definitely going to be looking into these. Thanks! I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about this. I just might have more fun than her! lol

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was thinking this might be a good year to do Appleseed with my daughter. Her 4H group was providing lunch (for a small fee), to the last group that came through and she didn't seem completely bored with it. Which is saying a lot considering she is 14 and there are no electronics involved.

Recommend Revere's Riders if you have the choice between the two.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Change of plans. Semi emergency trip to hawaii for the next couple of weeks. I guess it's no guns for a while for me...

Top Bottom