• GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    POSTPONED - USCCA Home Defense - Sept. 22

DUE TO SOME WORK CONFLICTS FOR MULTIPLE INSTRUCTORS, THIS CLASS HAS BEEN POSTPONED - NEW POST MADE WHEN RESCHEDULED

Southern Indiana Firearms Training and Safety will be hosting the USCCA Home Defense course at Sand Creek Conservation on September 22nd. Starting at 0830 with the classroom portion through lunch time. After lunch will be the range portion of the course and should last until 1700 - 1800.

The morning session is lecture + Q&A and will cost $100. This portion will include a USCCA guide / student manual.
    The afternoon session will be range time and an additional $50 as an add-on for the morning session.

They will be initially allowing one firearm per person on the range, but the course Range Safety Officer will allow the use of AR pattern rifles, shotguns, and handguns. There will be someone to work with each of these platforms to help provide guidance on the range, during the course of fire. With this course, it is suggest 250 - 300 rounds of FMJ handgun or rifle ammo, or 250 rounds of birdshot and 50 rounds of 00 buckshot / defensive ammo for the afternoon session.

Please email SoINFTS@gmail.com or call / text 812-565-9645 for more information and to find out how to reserve your seat in the course.

Last edited:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Bump for a solid program...

Decided to go with USCCA because it is currently a better Basic Home Defense program than NRA, in my opinion. I'm certified by both camps and desire to offer the best course opportunities possible.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am going to bump Powders announcement. With his permission I am going to elaborate on his thread. For about the past 7 years I have hosted an NRA course at this location once or twice a year. This year I decided to not host any courses. Powder is taking the reins so to speak and making improvements. I have seen the USCCA PowerPoint and it is updated and more comprehensive. This will be the first time he will offer this course. I look forward to sitting in on it myself.

Since this is a home defense oriented course it makes since to allow the use of handguns, AR handguns, PCCs, shotguns or Carbines. Again the NRA PPITH course was a little dated in being a handgun only course. Over the years we had multiple people ask for an NRA PPITH style course that aallowed the use of a carbine or AR pistol. Here it is guys and gals! Once students enroll Powder will have a better idea as to what platforms people are interested in.

Shotgun - Powder asked me to put together an afternoon shotgun module. We still need to get together to discuss time and range setup so I can tweak the content. Expect discussion to be around the use of a shotgun in a home or business and cover proper setup, ammunition, patterning buckshot, ready positions and keeping the gun fed.

Carbine - will be led by a LE use of force instructor and sniper for a multi county SWAT (SRT) team. He knows his way around rifles. Once Powder tells me his expectations for range setup I will help him put together a short curriculum. I expect there will be more interest in carbines then shotguns and that is fine, more time to shoot ARs.

Handgun - Powder will lead this himself. Being an NRA, USCCA and RangeMaster instructor I can guess what his handgun techniques will look like.

Top Bottom