James Yeager's Fighting Pistol, full and FREE training video.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    James Yeager recently made available his Fighting Pistol DVD, over an hour and a half of material, for free on his website.

Certainly the best training video you can find on the internet and the second best thing after taking an actual class with a skilled instructor.

Watch the whole thing here:

WARNING: Video contains James Yeager!

https://libertv.com/videos_list/fighting_pistol_c/

If you have already taken the class it's a great refresher course.
    If you're thinking about taking the actual class it's also good to watch before you go there.

Sadly (I like swearing :):) there's not too much swearing in it so it's probably good for a large audience.
    It's worth sharing with friends, family, who are carrying and who had no (or poor) formal training.

You can get additional classes in video streaming on LiberTV but you will have to become a member to get access to those.

Very generous of James Yeager to put the entire thing there for free where he could just keeping making money (usually sold $50) by selling DVDs.

Great for international audiences who can't get access to his classes or even get his DVDs (can't read US DVDs in Europe).

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Thanks for pointing this out, Sylvain.

If there is a way to download it, I would. I just can't carve out that much time to watch in one sitting.

Not really a problem. You can come back to the on-line video and jump to any point in the middle. Just bookmark it and come back as needed.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks for pointing this out, Sylvain.

Not really a problem. You can come back to the on-line video and jump to any point in the middle. Just bookmark it and come back as needed.

Thanks. I'm a little challenged with social media and video sites other than YouTube.:)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thanks. I'm a little challenged with social media and video sites other than YouTube.:)

You can also watch it on Youtube with a very annoying watermark on the middle of the screen.

[video=youtube;Jsr_4FrrA-o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsr_4FrrA-o&t=4562s[/video]

Worth watching the intro where he explains why he's making the video available for free.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Even if the training is free, most gun owners wont make the time to take it. Sad.

Most folks probably don't think they need the training, especially if they have been carrying for years.

Just like if you offer free driving lessons to people.Most won't take them because they have been driving for years ... even if they can't drive for **** and just have been driving poorly for years.

It's easier to share on the internet pictures of your latest $1000 fancy gun instead of sharing your toughts on your latest $1000 class that you took.

For the class you won't have much to show except maybe a bruised ego.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks for the bump. I still have not had time to watch. Actually I should have last weekend while reloading some 9mm but forgot.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    What I like about James and a few other Instructors is they offer the reason behind what they are teaching. He says, "do X because Y & Z".

There are a few very high end Instructors that simply say, "Do this.", and they dont offer explanations other than, "cuz I said so, trust me".

FTR my opinion and sentiment is based on a discounted 2 1/2 hour class with a very famous Instructor. He offered an introduction to his fighting rifle class, but frankly everyone of us that met up after the class said they wouldnt spend the $1200 on his class based on this. 15 years later, much of what was questioned back then is now thought of as "the old way"... The reason I can bet was due to people actually having to answer those questions and finding out what they were teaching was not the best way.

If your Instructor cant verbalize the, "why and why not", the information under question he / she is offering should be considered opinion and not based in any actual "best practice evaluation".

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    You can also watch it on Youtube with a very annoying watermark on the middle of the screen.

[video=youtube;Jsr_4FrrA-o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsr_4FrrA-o&t=4562s[/video]

Worth watching the intro where he explains why he's making the video available for free.
    Anyone know if it is possible to get captions other than the YouTube version?

CENTURIATOR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2018
    Saint Louis
    I can not comprehend why anyone in their right mind would bother to pay attention to anything James Yeager has to say about anything. Fired from local LEO departments. Courage under fire in his only combat experience. Teaches classes based only on the fact that he has taken classes from actual proven instructors.

You are pissing you money away on Yeager.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yes YouTube is easy to toggle captioning on and off, that's why I was wondering if it could be done with other formats.

I think if you want subtitles you will have to watch it on Youtube.
    Not sure how accurate they are as it's automatic.

I can not comprehend why anyone in their right mind would bother to pay attention to anything James Yeager has to say about anything. Fired from local LEO departments. Courage under fire in his only combat experience. Teaches classes based only on the fact that he has taken classes from actual proven instructors.

You are pissing you money away on Yeager.

What makes a "proven" instructor? All other instructors have taken classes with other instructors.

An instructor who's willing to be a student is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Is there anything tought by Yeager in that video that you don't agree with? Anything specific?

Do you think Clint Smith is also not a proper instructor? They have taken classes with eachother.

Also that video is FREE, so no money wasted by anyone ...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think if you want subtitles you will have to watch it on Youtube.
    Not sure how accurate they are as it's automatic.

What makes a "proven" instructor? All other instructors have taken classes with other instructors.

An instructor who's willing to be a student is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Is there anything tought by Yeager in that video that you don't agree with? Anything specific?

Do you think Clint Smith is also not a proper instructor? They have taken classes with eachother.

Also that video is FREE, so no money wasted by anyone ...

Still not sure what makes him a terrible instructor. :dunno:

Top Bottom