• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    Based on post I am reading here and speaking with some clients, it seems there may be enough interest in a class involving some force on force. If there is enough interest, I would love to put together a class. It would involve learning how to access your weapon during the fight, and would culminate in applying what you learn with force on force using airsoft guns. I have taught these classes for years with law enforcement and a few with private clients, and they seem to really enjoy them and get something out of the training. I would need a minimum of 8 students to make it worth while. We have some airsoft and headgear students can use, however if you have your own gear that would be great. I am thinking 4 - 6 hours for the class. We are in Noblesville if location matters.

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    I may be interested, depending on the particulars.

My experience has shown under pressure, especially without empty hand skills, most people try to go to their firearm to soon at close range. This class would give you knowledge and skills through learning, drilling and pressure testing. Depending on the students wants and skill level, it could be all stand up or we can include some ground stuff also.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    My experience has shown under pressure, especially without empty hand skills, most people try to go to their firearm to soon at close range. This class would give you knowledge and skills through learning, drilling and pressure testing. Depending on the students wants and skill level, it could be all stand up or we can include some ground stuff also.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I was more referring to the price and dates, but this is helpful too.

So this is weapon integrated combatives/martial arts and specifically related to the contact distance problem rather than a wider FoF open-ended scenarios?

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    Jackson,

For the most part yes. I'm not a fan of training where the gun is always the answer, or only answer. When it is that type of class, I find students get tool focused. What you end up with is "gun guys" trying to get to their gun, often to0 early or at the wrong time. But that's not to say we won't focus on longer range skills, meaning getting the gun into play at 10 yards while also learning how to yield to incoming rounds. The skills can then be tested with force on force, whether that be scenario based or just pressure testing.

The cost would vary depending on the length of the class, but for a four hour class I would say approximately $75. Again, this is all just to see if there is enough interest in putting on a class. As far as date, probably about 3 to 4 weeks out from the time we decided to put the class on. Nothing is set in stone as of yet.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Could be that I’d be able to make it as well depending on particulars. I would suggest looking into UTM rather than air soft, I’ve taken a lot of FoF and airsoft doesn’t seem to hold up well, or if cost is an issue, blue guns work well too.

whtsti2005

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Carmel
    I would be very interested, and since I live in the Westfield area it would be an easy drive. Please let me know further details and when you were thinking about having the class.

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central

Here's the class info for those interested:

This class is for individuals who carry a handgun for self-defense or their profession. Through learning, drilling, then pressure testing techniques and tactics, students will leave with acquired skills to deploy their firearm from a reactionary position during a violent attack.

Equipment Needed: Rubber training handgun and holster. Gas or Co2 airsoft gun. A groin cup and mouth guard are recommended.
    We will have some non firing training guns (red guns) as well as some airsoft guns and mask, however if you have your own we encourage you to bring them.

Date: Sept. 15th Time: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm

REGISTER HERE: https://www.selfpreservationtraining.com/register

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    As of now, I’m free that day. I do not have a red gun though. I could go buy an airsoft gun for cheap probably though.

I have had good luck on Amazon finding inexpensive rubber training guns. I use the term red guns because it's so well known, but honestly they are way over priced. I usually buy less expensive ones and have had many students with other than red training guns come through classes with no issues. It might not be a replica of what you carry, but still worth having. An airsoft would be good, but I know they can get pricey, so if you have to choose between the two, the rubber training gun will get a lot of use that day.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I’d be interested in this if you do it again, had a Cub Scout camp out this weekend but read an AAR and would like to know if you set another one up.

Top Bottom