• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I am by no means an expert firearm instructor or operator. I started in firearms as an adult... self taught. My daughter (5) is interested in shooting and hunting. She has a cricket... and youth .243. I do my best helping her and teaching but I really don’t want to teach her my bad habits. Any family friendly instructors in the northwest Indiana area? Reasonably priced? Don’t want to take a class would prefer private session.

thanks and have a nice weekend.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    thats why I’m wanting a family friendly instructor so my wife daughter and I can all be there.

Lake county Indiana as northwest as you can get

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    1. Get some training yourself. It's worth it.
    2. Can kids do Appleseed or Revere's Riders? I think so, but not sure the age.

Yes. I don't think there is a set age that I am aware of. They just have to have the maturity and focus to spend a day shooting and learning. Lots of kids dont have that attention span. (my 12YO sure doesnt, but I know some who are)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :popcorn:
    in nwi especially lake county what you are looking for does not exist unless you find a private instructor or a private range you can do this at.

the state ranges is an option but far from us and then u still need an instructor
    we do have some on here who do it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You must become the man that is able to instruct your daughter on how to defend herself and take what is her's from nature, otherwise you're just some other liberal yuppie eating soy products. Would you rather some other man have dominion over how she operates a firearm? Improve together and she will treasure you all the more as the father she respects and loves.

Dude.
    At least he realizes he's imperfect and wants the best for his daughter.
    And he's not allowing his ego to get in the way.

Too many people with guns let their ego get in the way.
    I'm glad he's not.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You must become the man that is able to instruct your daughter on how to defend herself and take what is her's from nature, otherwise you're just some other liberal yuppie eating soy products. Would you rather some other man have dominion over how she operates a firearm? Improve together and she will treasure you all the more as the father she respects and loves.

You are obviously not an instructor. (or are not properly trained)

Teaching your loved ones is often very difficult. It is challenging, especially with a spouse who may or may not take everything to heart because, well, you're just the husband. I'm sure my wife isnt the only one who doesnt listen to her husband well. (and I'm guilty too, sometimes.)

Good instructors know when to outsource their work. It takes a big man to say "I am not the best at this, so somebody else should do this because they will do it better." Outsourcing like OP is doing is exactly what you are advocating; getting the loved one the best training possible, knowing he aint the best. Fools push forward and do what they know they are not good at.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm simply encouraging my fellow man to improve himself and his family, throw me on the cross.

Could you look at the way you stated what you did as throwing him "on the cross"?

Yes, he could improve himself.
    Yet, he should also not hold his daughter back with his own shortcomings.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    you're just some other liberal yuppie eating soy products. Would you rather some other man have dominion

You're talking about us attacking you.
    Look at your own words.

Maybe you'll realize who first started attacking.

The man simply was asking for help.
    You attacked him.
    So don't cry when someone says something to you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I taught all three of my large sons how to shoot and they can knock a deer's head clean off at 500 meters. Seems like you'd all rather just kick back and let some other man handle your children. Not in this house, we pop those deer then prepare and eat them together, I take great pride knowing that even the killing of the animal is the fruits of my labor.

Good for you. Not everyone is as awesome as you are. But luckily OP is smart and willing to do anything necessary to get it done right.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK this is all. Stop being a snarky know it all. I will be removing some of your wise guy responses. This is not what this site is about and that should be obvious to you.

-CM-

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I added rep to the people the system would allow me to on this thread. I wish I could have hit them all.

Considered some negative rep but decided on the high road.

MontanaAreaCode

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Noblesville
    I added rep to the people the system would allow me to on this thread. I wish I could have hit them all.

Considered some negative rep but decided on the high road.

Know that deep in my heart brother I only want the best for all of my brothers in subscription to the rod of iron that is the firearm. Although I may get aggressive in my prose it only comes from a place of love.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Know that deep in my heart brother I only want the best for all of my brothers in subscription to the rod of iron that is the firearm. Although I may get aggressive in my prose it only comes from a place of love.
    There are positive ways to say what you feel must be said. A large ego is what is coming across not a helping hand. A large ego keeps many people from seeking qualified help in the area of firearms. Good help in the area of instruction can go a long way. Getting aggressive with those seeking help is the wrong approach.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There are positive ways to say what you feel must be said. A large ego is what is coming across not a helping hand. A large ego keeps many people from seeking qualified help in the area of firearms. Good help in the area of instruction can go a long way. Getting aggressive with those seeking help is the wrong approach.

Coach just said what I wanted to say, just beat me to it.
    The way you first posted in this thread will just get people's hackles up, make them defensive.
    If you want to make a point, then bring your point, and any supporting proof.
    But attacking someone, well that may make you laugh, but doesn't seem to win any arguments.

MontanaAreaCode

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Noblesville

You are correct my brother, I must humble myself to a polite guest if I am to be invited into the minds of companions.

Top Bottom