Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Introduction to Carry Gun
    This class is designed to prepare people for our Carry Gun Matches. After this class you will know what to expect in terms of the rules, procedures, scoring for these matches. The full philosophy behind the match will be discussed at length. Safety procedures and expectations will be explain in great detail and demonstrated on the range. Following the classroom portion of the class there will be a live fire session on the range. During the live fire the shooter will be run through a number of drills in order to become familiar with the range commands and the format of shooting the match. Some coaching on technique may occur of time allows.
    Monday October 8, 2018Cost $505:30 pm to 9:30 pm

USPSA | Parabellum Firearms & Indoor Range

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Great idea Coach.. ANYONE carrying should be interested in these matches. I think many are intimidated by the "match" label and this class may get people over the apprehension about participating. Personally, I look on the Carry Gun match as not so much a match, but a place to test my gear and improve my skills. Hopefully this class will help people understand how important and enjoyable the Carry Gun matches are if you carry a handgun.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Great idea Coach.. ANYONE carrying should be interested in these matches. I think many are intimidated by the "match" label and this class may get people over the apprehension about participating. Personally, I look on the Carry Gun match as not so much a match, but a place to test my gear and improve my skills. Hopefully this class will help people understand how important and enjoyable the Carry Gun matches are if you carry a handgun.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]
    I'll second what NHT3 is saying. I look at this as training with elements you can't get shooting on a range. The "shoot the gun you're carrying when you get out of the car" part of it is what brought me there (as well as it's 2 miles from the house). Learning your limitations (I have many), things you need to work on (again, I have many) and the limitations of your equipment (is your mag carrier a Chinese finger trap?) is worth the price of admission.

It's a "Match", true statement. Has all the scoring gizmos and timers as well as detailed on-line access to see how each stage went. Also has range commands which may be a bit different. It's not as hard as trying to translate Navy to Air Force or even military acronyms to Southern Indiana speak. All this is covered before the start as is safety (hot range, 25 folks with loaded handguns in a very small area, you better believe safety gets stressed as it should be.)

This is training for something you hope and pray never happens. Hitting a non-shoot target in training/match means a bad score (the Range Officers do that with the scoring gizmos, somehow.) Hitting an innocent bystander in real life brings consequences that you will live with for the rest of your life.

It's a class, you will learn something. Afterwards you'll probably say this isn't as intimidating as you thought.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It has been requested that the live fire portion put on emphasis on helping improve technique. We will make it so. Have a little room if folks are on the fence.

Top Bottom