Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

intentional training

over the last few months i have been really focusing on being intentional with my training instead of just going to the range and shooting guns at paper.

I have purchased a LASERLYTE cartridge for my edc and have been working on my draw. aim. shoot.
    breaking down each step and working on it until it is a smooth fluid motion then putting all three together and ive noticed some serious improvements.

what other ways do you guys train and with which weapons

Plinker

User Info Menu

or without a weapon

User Info Menu

Have you ever taken a class?
    So low speed I'm in park.

Plinker

User Info Menu

i havent taken any classes. im interested in taking some i just am not interested in sitting in a classroom for 2 hours to discuss the basic firearm maintenance and handling ive been doing for years

User Info Menu

I HIGHLY recommend taking a class. Yes, there will be some boring class room. However, please consider the instructors position. Just because someone says they know what they're doing doesn't necessarily mean that they do. A student may have a good grasp on theory and functionality, but totally lack in safety (worst case scenario).
    If a class doesn't interest you, get involved in an IDPA match and see how things pan out. It's much cheaper than a class, you'll have plenty of knowledge around you to help give pointers, and you'll be able assess what areas need improvement.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mrrogers91 View Post
    i havent taken any classes. im interested in taking some i just am not interested in sitting in a classroom for 2 hours to discuss the basic firearm maintenance and handling ive been doing for years
    Plenty of great schools in your area. Get into a defensive pistol class and I'll bet you will be able to answer your original question.
    So low speed I'm in park.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sht4brnz View Post
    I HIGHLY recommend taking a class. Yes, there will be some boring class room. However, please consider the instructors position. Just because someone says they know what they're doing doesn't necessarily mean that they do. A student may have a good grasp on theory and functionality, but totally lack in safety (worst case scenario).
    If a class doesn't interest you, get involved in an IDPA match and see how things pan out. It's much cheaper than a class, you'll have plenty of knowledge around you to help give pointers, and you'll be able assess what areas need improvement.
    whats an IDPA match?

turnandshoot4 i just got the yearly membership at IAC and am planning on taking some classes through there I was just asking about specific drills or routines i can do at home or on my buddys farm to improve skills

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mrrogers91 View Post
    whats an IDPA match?
    Itís like USPSA if you replaced the fun and freedom of choice with fishing vests and asinine rules.
    If youíre free youíll never see the walls.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    Itís like USPSA if you replaced the fun and freedom of choice with fishing vests and asinine rules.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Some people just have a way with words.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast