Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;qkCeN8NoHjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkCeN8NoHjA&t=3s[/video]

John Murphy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Lakeridge
    Some fairly substantial changes to the class this year!

Saturday's lecture is being videotaped on 8 December and is about 25% different from last year's work. Topics include "Criminal Assault Pre-Incident Indicators", "Thoughts on Speed", "Managing Conflict while Armed" and "Third Party Interventions". These videos will be up on YouTube in February and will be part of the "view ahead" package for the class.

Saturday will start Q&A on the view ahead videos, and then move to "Stop the Bleeding" with practical application with TQs and pressure dressings. (Each student will be issued an ankle med kid for the class with these items for use during the class) followed by my pepper spray curriculum and then Street Encounter Skills, which is my take on Craig Douglas' "Managing Unknown Contacts". The 2nd half of Saturday will be "Faster and Straighter" shooting. Bill Drills, 5x5, 10x10, the usual.

Sunday will be "Skills in Context" where the video view ahead and Saturday's training comes together. We'll finish up with some individual exercises and a qual shoot.

Thanks for having me back out, Coach!

John

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    https://www.fpftraining.com/collections

For anyone interested see the link above. If you are concerned about making it through two days on the range. Do not be alarmed. Bring a chair and take breaks as needed. I have had a few people talk to me about this. I have no doubts that it is doable. I talked with John on the phone and all he needs is a safe gun handler. He will make whatever physical accommodations that are necessary. This is not a good course. It is a great course.

Tactics and preparations at the Bright house were changed last year because of this course. Just today on the way home from church in the new car my favorite daughter asked me if torniquets had been placed in the new car. They are in there now.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    It is an awesome course .
    The managing unknown contacts portion is worth the price of admission.
    Alas I have to wait until after the first of the year to schedule the vacation.
    I will be in attendance if at all possible.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You NEED to take this course. Murphy is an EXCELLENT trainer and worth every dime. You will NOT be disappointed.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Did the dates change? I had it down for April 27-28 (and the URL indicates that), but the text of his site says Apr 6-7.

It did change. The NRA dropped the annual meetings in Indianapolis right on top of the old dates. Without so much of a heads up.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Indeed. The pre threat indicators has paid off once while on vacation. I now find myself scanning crowds all the time. I think the guy was a pick pocket. He was not a fan of my interrupting his intention. He was baffled and had no prepared dialogue for the intercept.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Class size will be limited. We are slightly over half full at this time.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    According to website, only one spot left. I am unable to go this year but will be watching for next year

Top Bottom