• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • racefan1331

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Top Guns in Terre Haute will be hosting a two part intro to long range shooting class. Part 1 is December 8th and part 2 on December 15th. The class is intended for those with zero to little experience with long range shooting. It is all classroom instruction covering things from equipment selection to environmental factors. My intent is to keep it pretty basic as to not overwhelm anyone with too much info. I want to take new shooters who want to learn long range and knock off the intimidation factor by providing a basic intro of the tools you'll need to become proficient. This class is not going to turn you into a sniper overnight, just give you a platform to work from so that you know where to start.

About me: my name is Brian Harder. I've been shooting competitively for the last 5 years with the military and in F class. I've won three state championships in F class, I've had a few top 10 finishes at the nationals for daily aggs and individual matches, part of Team Indiana F class that finished 2nd at the mid range nationals this year and was selected to the US rifle development team for the 2021 world championship.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks. Going to do some calendar checking. Hope to make it fit.

racefan1331

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    chipperej, if you read this, you are welcome to bring your kestrel to the class as well as your rifle and equipment and we can go over your particular setup.

racefan1331

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    You are welcome to just do one or the other. But I will certainly do more, and I'll keep it posted on here.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I attended this this class today. I found it informative, Brian obviously has valuable experience in this field and is willing to share. We covered a lot, the class had some participant input and ran about 4 hours. Part 2 of this class is Sat Dec 15, Brian will be showing rifle setup among other things. The way he has set up this class, I think it's possible to attend part 2 without part 1. I'd encourage anyone that was on the fence about attending to contact Brian and see if this is indeed the case. Looking forward to learning more about long range shooting, 500-1000 yards.

racefan1331

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Yes, you did not need to attend one to attend the other. Thank you for the positive review, I'm glad that you enjoyed it and gained some knowledge.

Top Bottom