Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Lebanon Police Department Range
    June 15-16 2019
    Larry Vickers
    2 day advanced carbine
    This class covers all the basic and intermediate skills required to competently operate a carbine. This class is suitable for awide range of students from those with rudimentary experience to those seeking to improve and refine their existing carbine skills. Topics covered include carbine safety, stance, zeroing sights, sight alignment and trigger control.Other subject matters that are covered include reloading, weapon presentation,strong side & weak side shooting, various shooting positions, use of cover,and shooting on the move. Different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting are introduced as well as malfunction drills and weapon transition from rifle to pistol. Day Two will include a review and drill applications of all the topics that were covered. Timed fire drills and evaluations are based on class skill level. Additionally, Larry will make himself available to any student during class breaks and after class to answer individual questions.

https://www.aztectrainingservices.c...y-advanced-carbine-june-15-16-2019-lebanon-in

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Here and on their website they refer to carbines, do they just mean lighter weight rifles, like a 16” AR15? Or just 14.5’s? No 20’s allowed? Or 308’s? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just doesn’t seem well defined. This looks like a great learning experience.

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    20" guns and 308 guns shouldn't be a problem. If you are interested in taking the class with one you can always reach out to Aztec or LAV and ask.

The class size is limited to 18 shooters.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Man...I would LOVE to take this class. But convincing the wife and kids that’s its OK for me to be gone all day on Fathers Day is a non-starter. Poop.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Man...I would LOVE to take this class. But convincing the wife and kids that’s its OK for me to be gone all day on Fathers Day is a non-starter. Poop.

If you are the father then you get to do what you want.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'm not up to date on modern techniques, and don't get to the range as much as I used to since I retired from the Army in '09. This would be so great for me to update my rusting skills. I'm meeting with the surgeon at the VA next week to discuss my left shoulder. If he thinks it will heal in time, I may sign up before all the slots are gone. This will feel weird, I've never taken any course outside the Army, but, I'll probably learn more here because it's all up to date stuff...

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I retired in 2011 you will be fine!
    Most of the stuff is the same as what you know as far as Carbine goes.
    This Larry Vickers dude seems to be top notch anytime you get a opportunity to train with a Delta Operator is a good thing.
    If you really want to learn some new stuff take some pistol courses civilians are really into pistols and you can gain a lot of knowledge from them.
    I have participated in several civilian courses and have not been disappointed yet and I am attempting to clear enough time on my schedule to attend this class.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Well, I'm out... Had my consult with the surgeon at the VA today. They're looking at the end of March or into April for the surgery. No way I'll be healed up in time. But, like was suggested, I probably need handgun work more anyhow. Too bad. To be honest The biggest draw was meeting Larry. Would have cool to train with someone well known.

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    If you go to the registration page it will only let you put in 6 spots.

I like to keep an eye on the classes I host to see if they are filling up or not. Some classes are easier to track then others.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If you go to the registration page it will only let you put in 6 spots.

I like to keep an eye on the classes I host to see if they are filling up or not. Some classes are easier to track then others.
    I didn't put 2 and 2 together to realize you were hosting this. Thanks for arranging this!

For me it is the perfect storm. I've trained with local trainers and all of them were great! This will be the first time training with a nationally known guy. On top of that it isn't >$1K at $500ish, is 30 minutes from where I live, and is on the weekend so I'm not taking off of work, not traveling (air fare, hotel)... Other than Larry coming to pick me up in the morning I can't see how I could improve on the situation. :-)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was already "in" so there's probably 5 spots left now. This will be fun.

Top Bottom