jrm
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Larry Vickers at Lebanon Police Range

Lebanon Police Department Range
    June 15-16 2019
    Larry Vickers
    2 day advanced carbine
    This class covers all the basic and intermediate skills required to competently operate a carbine. This class is suitable for awide range of students from those with rudimentary experience to those seeking to improve and refine their existing carbine skills. Topics covered include carbine safety, stance, zeroing sights, sight alignment and trigger control.Other subject matters that are covered include reloading, weapon presentation,strong side & weak side shooting, various shooting positions, use of cover,and shooting on the move. Different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting are introduced as well as malfunction drills and weapon transition from rifle to pistol. Day Two will include a review and drill applications of all the topics that were covered. Timed fire drills and evaluations are based on class skill level. Additionally, Larry will make himself available to any student during class breaks and after class to answer individual questions.

https://www.aztectrainingservices.co...019-lebanon-in

Expert

User Info Menu

This would be an awesome class to attend.!!! Especially since itís 4 minutes from my house.

Expert

User Info Menu

Here and on their website they refer to carbines, do they just mean lighter weight rifles, like a 16Ē AR15? Or just 14.5ís? No 20ís allowed? Or 308ís? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just doesnít seem well defined. This looks like a great learning experience.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Has anyone done a Vickers class before? Whatís the normal class size?

jrm
    Plinker

User Info Menu

20" guns and 308 guns shouldn't be a problem. If you are interested in taking the class with one you can always reach out to Aztec or LAV and ask.

The class size is limited to 18 shooters.

ACC
    Expert

User Info Menu

Man...I would LOVE to take this class. But convincing the wife and kids thatís its OK for me to be gone all day on Fathers Day is a non-starter. Poop.

User Info Menu

Wow this looks like a great opportunity!
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    Man...I would LOVE to take this class. But convincing the wife and kids thatís its OK for me to be gone all day on Fathers Day is a non-starter. Poop.
    If you are the father then you get to do what you want.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Rangemaster Certified Instructor
    USCCA Certified Instructor
    USPSA Range Officer

jrm
    Plinker

User Info Menu

It is called fathers day not family day......

User Info Menu

I'm not up to date on modern techniques, and don't get to the range as much as I used to since I retired from the Army in '09. This would be so great for me to update my rusting skills. I'm meeting with the surgeon at the VA next week to discuss my left shoulder. If he thinks it will heal in time, I may sign up before all the slots are gone. This will feel weird, I've never taken any course outside the Army, but, I'll probably learn more here because it's all up to date stuff...

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast