Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Revere's Riders Two day Carbine Feb 23 & 24, 2019 (Bedford)

User Info Menu

Bumping this one....
    Two days of Carbine class at one of Indiana’s premier ranges.
    You won’t find a better value anywhere.
    If you have been thinking about training just sign up already.
    This class will cover the basics and then move on from there.
    If you have questions just let me know.
    Come Monday you will be ready for HALO/HALO insertions...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Do you think gun fights only happen in nice sunny and temperate weather?

The worse the conditions, the more confidence you'll gain that your gun will run.
    More importantly if you can run the gun to run.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

User Info Menu

Damn. It's right in the middle of my work week.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Damn. It's right in the middle of my work week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rosejm View Post
    Working midnights on a six day work week (so my weekends change every week) makes getting to any of these (or anything else that happens on weekends) somewhat difficult. I really want to get to on of the Revere's Riders classes this year just to see what it's like.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Working midnights on a six day work week (so my weekends change every week) makes getting to any of these (or anything else that happens on weekends) somewhat difficult. I really want to get to on of the Revere's Riders classes this year just to see what it's like.
    I also work most weekends. I took my first course with them in December of last year (1-day carbine in Seelyville) and am hooked. The instructors are great. Fantastic experience. I am going to the 2-day in February and probably a few others this year. I took paid vacation days for February.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

User Info Menu

I'll only be there helping out Sunday now. Family wedding Sat. that just showed up on the calendar.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

So I will go out on a limb and say you cannot get this level of training anywhere close to the price.
    You can pay more than twice as much and get a chestpuffer telling you “stories” or train with your neighbors?
    I am amazed at the number of AR owners that have hand built a AR complete with a firing pin hand carved out of unicorn horn. That have never “run the gun” shooting at a 25 meter range indoors is not a test.
    This training is great you start out with the basic knowledge of the “Carbine” and move on from there. We get lunch talk crap and have a great time no matter the weather!
    I do question the “hardness” of any individual that is scared of the weather.

BTW
    You get to shoot against me in the qualifier not INGO talk but real rounds down range !
    Last edited by Brad69; 01-30-2019 at 22:23.
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

^^^^^^^
    If you are perusing this thread you’re likely interested in this event (duh).
    Take advantage of the ‘early bird’ discount before it goes away.
    For those that asked...
    Yes will get chance to verify zero.
    0 to 200 yard engagements.
    No this is NOT suitable for a first time shooter. While some ofthe ‘basics’ will be touched on, you need to be a competent shooter already. This ain’t the class to learn what end of the gun the bullets come out. Reveres Riders does offer those but want to make sure people know what this is about. Some folks don’t read course descriptions so there it is. Do not confuse this with the basic rifle classes offered.
    You can ‘get by’ with 3 mags. More is better.
    Have your mags loaded. Tip:Spare ammo loose in ziplock bag avoids time opening and disposing of boxes.
    Yes it’s outside!
    Pace will start slow and build /confirm skills over the two days. While not for a first timer this is a great opportunity for a novice, ‘operator refresher’, see if you measure up, shake out your gear event.
    So many folks tell me they are looking for this specific ‘carbine/battle rifle’ training so here it is.
    Come on out and see if you are “Well Regulated’ or just to beat Brad69!
    Hope to see you on the line.
    Nigel

Expert

User Info Menu

Just signed up, pretty excited about this.
    Wondering if anybody has suggestions on where to stay in the area?
    Also, if attendees actually sometimes camp in HNF if the weather's decent? I'm having this conversation on the other thread too, just wanting to see if anybody over here is interested in camping, weather permitting.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast