Revere's Riders Two day Carbine Feb 23 & 24, 2019 (Bedford)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Shake off the winter blues and start the year off with some Carbine training.
    Less than 2 hours away from the North side of Indy in the rolling hills of Indiana.
    Plenty of time to round up your gear and guns and start the year with a bang.

There should be something for everyone in this course:
    https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2019-feb-23-24-bedford-in/

Come shake off the cobwebs, test your gear, try new or different set ups.
    This is the ideal class to try some piece of gear you have wanted to use. Battle belts, chest rigs, plate carriers, back pocket of your jeans....
    In your face CQB and out to 100-200 yards and much much more.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    This is not your fathers oldsmobile!
    There is something for everyone here...
    If you have been thinking about rifle/carbine training then this event is for you.
    Come on out and put yourself, and your gear, through it’s paces at one of Indiana’s premier private ranges.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'll be there, so that alone should be worth the price of admission to anyone on the fence.

Also big props to Revere's Riders for sending me a refund for $25 of the entry fee. Apparently there was a discount for early bird sign ups, but I signed up early early bird and the discount price hadn't even been added to the event page yet.

Definitely a nice surprise to see a few bucks come back my way. That's a stand up organization for you.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I would be on this if we could guarantee nice Feb weather instead of normal ****ty Indiana weather. It looks like a good time and I could use some training.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I would be on this if we could guarantee nice Feb weather instead of normal ****ty Indiana weather. It looks like a good time and I could use some training.

Do you think gun fights only happen in nice sunny and temperate weather?

The worse the conditions, the more confidence you'll gain that your gun will run.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Damn, same time as my seminars.
    Too bad. If something changes there is still room. This class will also be offered again this year due to it’s demand/.popularity.

MGgrease08 hit the nail on the head. You never know what type of weather you will be in when you are called upon to fight.
    This event will be a great opportunity to see what works, and what doesn’t.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I personally think that this class is better in the cold. I like the layers I'm wearing when I have the gear on and a slung rifle. A lot more comfortable.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Still room in this one and the early bird sign up discount is in place.
    Who knows what the weather will be like that weekend.
    Hot, cold, rain, shine, snow ... the show will go on and people and gear will be tested.
    Come on out and see if you are ‘well regulated’.
    Leave the safe queens at home for this one.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bumping this one....
    Two days of Carbine class at one of Indiana’s premier ranges.
    You won’t find a better value anywhere.
    If you have been thinking about training just sign up already.
    This class will cover the basics and then move on from there.
    If you have questions just let me know.
    Come Monday you will be ready for HALO/HALO insertions...

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Damn. It's right in the middle of my work week.

1347420901847_5987048.png

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Working midnights on a six day work week (so my weekends change every week) makes getting to any of these (or anything else that happens on weekends) somewhat difficult. I really want to get to on of the Revere's Riders classes this year just to see what it's like.
    I also work most weekends. I took my first course with them in December of last year (1-day carbine in Seelyville) and am hooked. The instructors are great. Fantastic experience. I am going to the 2-day in February and probably a few others this year. I took paid vacation days for February.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I will go out on a limb and say you cannot get this level of training anywhere close to the price.
    You can pay more than twice as much and get a chestpuffer telling you “stories” or train with your neighbors?
    I am amazed at the number of AR owners that have hand built a AR complete with a firing pin hand carved out of unicorn horn. That have never “run the gun” shooting at a 25 meter range indoors is not a test.
    This training is great you start out with the basic knowledge of the “Carbine” and move on from there. We get lunch talk crap and have a great time no matter the weather!
    I do question the “hardness” of any individual that is scared of the weather.

BTW
    You get to shoot against me in the qualifier not INGO talk but real rounds down range !

Last edited:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    ^^^^^^^
    If you are perusing this thread you’re likely interested in this event (duh).
    Take advantage of the ‘early bird’ discount before it goes away.
    For those that asked...
    Yes will get chance to verify zero.
    0 to 200 yard engagements.
    No this is NOT suitable for a first time shooter. While some ofthe ‘basics’ will be touched on, you need to be a competent shooter already. This ain’t the class to learn what end of the gun the bullets come out. Reveres Riders does offer those but want to make sure people know what this is about. Some folks don’t read course descriptions so there it is. Do not confuse this with the basic rifle classes offered.
    You can ‘get by’ with 3 mags. More is better.
    Have your mags loaded. Tip:Spare ammo loose in ziplock bag avoids time opening and disposing of boxes.
    Yes it’s outside!
    Pace will start slow and build /confirm skills over the two days. While not for a first timer this is a great opportunity for a novice, ‘operator refresher’, see if you measure up, shake out your gear event.
    So many folks tell me they are looking for this specific ‘carbine/battle rifle’ training so here it is.
    Come on out and see if you are “Well Regulated’ or just to beat Brad69!
    Hope to see you on the line.
    Nigel

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Just signed up, pretty excited about this.
    Wondering if anybody has suggestions on where to stay in the area?
    Also, if attendees actually sometimes camp in HNF if the weather's decent? I'm having this conversation on the other thread too, just wanting to see if anybody over here is interested in camping, weather permitting.

Top Bottom