• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    And are both on the same day? It looks like it begins in the evening, so that would make for a very long night.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I'm sorry if I am asking the obvious, but is it a total of $200.00/person for both 1 and 2? Thanks.

Class will be on consecutive Mondays, March 11th and the 18th. The fee for each class is $100 per person so the fee for both Defensive 1 and 2 would be $200 per person. I've taken these classes and the adage "you don't know what you don't know "really applies here. You will learn a lot of pistol skills as well as the mental aspect of defending yourself in these classes. Aron does a great job of making these classes safe and instructional as well as enjoyable.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Class is 2 Monday nights from 5:30 to 9:30 pm each time. They are connected for a total of $200.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    This is a great class! If you’re on the fence, get off that sucker and take this class. No matter how much training you’ve already had, a little or a lot, you’ll walk away with more than $200 of new/improved skills. I was in the January classes and couldn’t be happier with the results.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Decided to "get off the fence" last year and start investing in the ability to protect my family and myself. Even though I've been carrying for over 40 years, I approached training with the attitude of, I don't know what I don't know.
    I started with Gun Handling 101. It was an eye opener. Aron helped correct a problem I've had for over 40 years in about 5 minutes. It was a simple but profound fix that I'd not been able to figure out.
    In January I took Defensive Pistol 1 & 2. Again, it was a huge boost to the abilities of my initial goal. The class was run in a safe and well paced manner. Each part of the instruction was built on the solid foundation of the previous one. I can't recommend it enough. Aron is an excellent instructor and will take the time to explain the how and the WHY a certain drill is being done.
    If you take your ability to protect and defend your family seriously, you owe it to yourself to get formal instruction that will help you do that. It's worth it.
    BTW, you may get a little addicted to the learning. I'm currently in the Carry League class. Did you know that a 500 lumens light MAY cause issues with being able to pick up that red dot on your pistol depending on how you hold it and where you point it? Neither did I !:n00b:

Bob

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Good crowd last night. Thanks for being safe everyone. See you next week.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Wrapped up last night. Thanks for coming out and for being safe. Thinking about another round in May.

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Both classes were great! The two main things that stuck out to me is:

1) just because youÂ’re in fear for your life doesnÂ’t give you the right to shoot. You have to actually be in the presence of bodily harm to really give you a justified shoot.

Example: If a person is just being really hostile towards you doesnÂ’t give you the right to unload on them. He or she has to give you the signs of bodily harm (pulling out ANY TYPE OF WEAPON or DOING SOME TYPE OF UNLAWFUL ACT( knife, gun, piping, acid, chemicals, or maybe a guy has a lil girl/boy/woman/man in the choke hold trying to kidnap them, a person or you getting beaten by a mob of people....shouldÂ’ve asked about a taser and pepper spray?!!) people making threats do not count.

2) all your missed shots are mostly trigger related. After you align your sights perfect or near, what’s the only thing that messes up the picture? THE TRIGGER PRESS. It has to be clean and smooth at all times. I’m trying to get to the stage after the “let your shot surprise you” phase. And actually feel what a good trigger press is at all times without the slow slow slow shot. I know it will take time and practice.

Top Bottom