• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Revere's Riders and John Viray of Adaptive Consulting and Training (John Viray is obijohn here on INGO) have partnered to offer a Pistol 145 (Intro to Defensive Pistol) course on Mar 16, 2019 at Riley Conservation Club in Terre Haute, IN. Pistol 145 will introduce students to drawing from the holster and other defensive pistol techniques. Students should have already taken Revere's Riders Pistol 100 or equivalent course prior to attending Pistol 145.

More information, equipment requirements and online ticket sales are available on the Revere's Riders website: https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2019-mar-16-terre-haute-in/

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've been through this material with John/ACT, let's see, 3 times (maybe 4) with myself and with various family members and friends. This should be a solid class. Good opportunity to work from the holster. Highly recommended.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    If you are looking to learn proper draw technique, this is the course you are looking for. The head instructor, John Viray, is an Army veteran, NRA certified instructor in multiple disciplines with decades of instructing experience not to mention an active shooting sports competitor who won his class at the 1998 USPSA 3-Gun Nationals.

3 weeks left to get one of the remaining 11 tickets. Don't miss out!

ogtruckin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 10, 2017
    Vault 76
    Would this class be suitable for someone that has not taken a basic pistol class? I have been shooting for years just haven't taken a class, or should I wait and take an intro to pistol first.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Would this class be suitable for someone that has not taken a basic pistol class? I have been shooting for years just haven't taken a class, or should I wait and take an intro to pistol first.

The absolute answer is: depends. Can you hit a 6 inch square from 10m, on demand? Do you always follow the 4 rules? Are you willing to watch others "go first" prior to attempting an exercise? I'm the lead instructor, and if you can answer those questions yes, and have the proper gear, then I say you are ready for this class. Contact me by pm if you have any other questions.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Weather for Saturday looks to be as good as you can expect this time of year: high in the low 40s, partly cloudy and 0% chance of precipitation. You can't use the weather as an excuse not to come out to this event! John Viray is a top-notch instructor; if you're looking to learn proper draw technique or a refresher, you can't do much better than this course.

Come on out to Riley CC and join us!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I can't make this due to a kids event. I hate to sound like I'm pushing/selling this class but the cost to quality ratio on this might possibly be the best I've seen for a class offering in many many years.
    This is NOT intro to pistol. This is intro to DEFENSIVE pistol. If for no other reason this would be a great opportunity to do handgun manipulations, drills, and shooting in ways you are not able to if you typically shoot at indoor ranges. For the experienced shooters this is a great opportunity to fine tune your techniques and get input from a highly skilled teacher and "student of firearms".

Top Bottom