Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A great opportunity. Hopefully plenty of people will take advantage of these classes.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Last night I was providing some private instruction and the client asked about Tom Givens and these upcoming classes. Are they worth it was the question?

My answer to him and everyone else is yes. The success of Tom's students in gun fights makes that answer easy.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Well crap I give equal amount of cash to my wife for each class I take so it cost me twice as much!

Last edited:

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    The "Combative Pistol" course sends the wrong message to me. "Combative" meaning eager or ready to fight. By no means am I eager for a gun fight! Reading the course description says it is for the armed citizen or plain clothed police officer. Surely the goals of these two are very different and how they are achieved.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Because of some things I've been doing, my mobility is improving a little, as is my stamina.

If I can overcome some other challenges, I will make the pistol class my training priority for 2019.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The "Combative Pistol" course sends the wrong message to me. "Combative" meaning eager or ready to fight. By no means am I eager for a gun fight! Reading the course description says it is for the armed citizen or plain clothed police officer. Surely the goals of these two are very different and how they are achieved.

I would say you are over thinking things, and/or looking at them from a different point of view. If someone targets you for violence and you return violence rather than submit it will be combat. I would say that is the perspective where the title comes from. Tom has had 60 plus people defend themselves with a gun and prevail. That is the reason to carry. This class is not for people wanting to go out and start things or looking for a reason to shoot someone. It is for people who want to prevail on their worst day ever.

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown
    I would say you are over thinking things, and/or looking at them from a different point of view. If someone targets you for violence and you return violence rather than submit it will be combat. I would say that is the perspective where the title comes from. Tom has had 60 plus people defend themselves with a gun and prevail. That is the reason to carry. This class is not for people wanting to go out and start things or looking for a reason to shoot someone. It is for people who want to prevail on their worst day ever.

This ^^^

I have taken 2 of Tom's classes. They are a worthwhile investment. They will get you thinking.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Have signed up my oldest nephew for the pistol class and will be hanging out for both days.

Coach and Rhino have said it well. Don't over-think this class. This isn't a "looking for trouble" class. Tom trains people for when stupid finds them...

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    The weekend was a success for my nephew... He had a solid, safe foundation built before showing up while still having a few fundamental issues. Ended the class shooting a 96.5% on the "final CoF exam" and couldn't be more excited about doing more work!

I thank the organizers and AI's (Coach was one) for their work putting on this weekend and most of all, Tom Givens for making sure everyone understood how to be safe and successful in a gunfight!

Top Bottom