Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Where am I lacking?

To use deadly force there must be a threat.
    Yes, there has to be a threat (Ability, opportunity, intent). I talked about it in a previous thread. But that's just the beginning. Is a 6ft 210 22 yr old male a threat? If so, what Level of force can you use today, in Marion County. What about tomorrow after leaving the dentist office from a root canal in Hendricks county? Is a 12 yr old who walks up to you with his hands in his pockets and says give me your wallet or I will kill you a threat? What force can you use against him? A man runs at you with a ball bat yelling profanity? Can you use deadly force? What if he drops the bat 6 feet from you but continues at a full sprint? Can you shoot? Why or why not?

Do the same principals apply to an off duty police officer? What about a 50 year old woman? When do you have a duty to refrain from using force? What if I am not the one being attacked, but witness 2 guys fighting in the parking lot just as one gets mount and shoots the other one?

This is just barely scratching he surface of one aspect,,THREAT, but you get the point. Like I said, use of force s RARELY black and white.

Learning how to run a gun i the easy part. There's probably 50 instructors on here alone who can teach that. It's the gray areas that most are untrained in.
    Jeff Riley
    Owner/Operator
    Self-Preservation Training, LLC
    www.selfpreservationtraining.com
    Facebook@selfpreservationtraining

User Info Menu

Your training on this issue does not sound like it is going to steam line the decision making process.

From your previous post it sounds like you are going to do a lot of if this then that.

I will just trust my previous training and experiences.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Selfpreservation View Post
    Yes, there has to be a threat (Ability, opportunity, intent). I talked about it in a previous thread. But that's just the beginning. Is a 6ft 210 22 yr old male a threat? If so, what Level of force can you use today, in Marion County. What about tomorrow after leaving the dentist office from a root canal in Hendricks county? Is a 12 yr old who walks up to you with his hands in his pockets and says give me your wallet or I will kill you a threat? What force can you use against him? A man runs at you with a ball bat yelling profanity? Can you use deadly force? What if he drops the bat 6 feet from you but continues at a full sprint? Can you shoot? Why or why not?

Do the same principals apply to an off duty police officer? What about a 50 year old woman? When do you have a duty to refrain from using force? What if I am not the one being attacked, but witness 2 guys fighting in the parking lot just as one gets mount and shoots the other one?

This is just barely scratching he surface of one aspect,,THREAT, but you get the point. Like I said, use of force s RARELY black and white.

Learning how to run a gun i the easy part. There's probably 50 instructors on here alone who can teach that. It's the gray areas that most are untrained in.
    Sounds like quite the circus of “what if’s?”.

I'll stick with “Do I absolutely have to shoot this guy??”

The answer is either “no” or “bang”.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)

User Info Menu

I HIGHLY recommend you seek out additional training!
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    I have received and I have given. Usually at different times. But sometime at the same time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    I lol’d as well.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)

User Info Menu

Do You Train For After Use of Force?
    That's what that shovel in my trunk is for.

...Oh.... You mean if there are witnesses and the police are called?

I just pull these out and nobody is allowed to shoot me because I'm the good guy. Plus I can get free coffee at the gas station and the hookers downtown give me some comp time. Win-Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Your training on this issue does not sound like it is going to steam line the decision making process.

From your previous post it sounds like you are going to do a lot of if this then that.

I will just trust my previous training and experiences.
    Did I post a class I don't know about?
    Jeff Riley
    Owner/Operator

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Dead Duck;7893987]That's what that shovel in my trunk is for.

Every trunk should have one!
    Jeff Riley
    Owner/Operator

User Info Menu

I like revolvers. Just saying.

User Info Menu

I HIGHLY recommend you seek out additional training!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast