• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    How many of you train for dealing with law enforcement after a use of force incident, deadly or otherwise? I often see posts here and else where talking about shooting, combatives, tactical classes etc., but rarely, if ever, see anyone talking about training for after the incident.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My theory on getting held up. You're most likely going to get shot so the person can get away. It's been a common thing in the news, person gets what they want and shoots anyway.
    You present your gun, and it's not going to be a standoff. They're definitely going to shoot now to get away. Only thing you can hope for is them being stunned long enough to get a couple rounds off. If you don't have the balls to shoot, odds are better for you if you don't present your weapon because they will shoot you for sure in about 2 seconds when they realize you won't. I will have my day in court, not on a slab.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How many of you train for dealing with law enforcement after a use of force incident, deadly or otherwise? I often see posts here and else where talking about shooting, combatives, tactical classes etc., but rarely, if ever, see anyone talking about training for after the incident.

Yes

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    My theory on getting held up. You're most likely going to get shot so the person can get away. It's been a common thing in the news, person gets what they want and shoots anyway.
    You present your gun, and it's not going to be a standoff. They're definitely going to shoot now to get away. Only thing you can hope for is them being stunned long enough to get a couple rounds off. If you don't have the balls to shoot, odds are better for you if you don't present your weapon because they will shoot you for sure in about 2 seconds when they realize you won't. I will have my day in court, not on a slab.

What about when police arrive? Have you had training on whether you should talk to the police or not and if so, what to say, how much and when?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Yes.
    Work with LEO's daily and have a lawyer who I've discussed it with. End of day STFU and ask for my lawyer. That's the short version.

Bob

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    What about when police arrive? Have you had training on whether you should talk to the police or not and if so, what to say, how much and when?

Don't be holding a gun when the police arrive. Obviously you're going in. If you have to shoot, you should get a lawyer. That's just common sense.

It's probably something I'll never have to worry about. I know I won't let someone shoot me. More than once or twice.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    OP, it's better to become educated before you're in that situation. Run from a knife if you can. Stop shooting when there's no longer a threat. Don't shoot someone carrying your TV out of the house. And if you go to trial, a jury will judge you on what a reasonable person would do. Paint inside the lines and lawyer up, and you should be fine.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    OP, it's better to become educated before you're in that situation. Run from a knife if you can. Stop shooting when there's no longer a threat. Don't shoot someone carrying your TV out of the house. And if you go to trial, a jury will judge you on what a reasonable person would do. Paint inside the lines and lawyer up, and you should be fine.
    Reading his avatar, the OP knows all that. I'm thinking he might have been checking on interest in a class he wants to teach.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I’m afraid of bad advice from people that wish to see me as a skell. As a pleb ripe to pay my dollars on a class...

lawyer up. And expect it to likely be one of the most expensive fights of my life.

Top Bottom