Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Do You Train For After Use of Force?

How many of you train for dealing with law enforcement after a use of force incident, deadly or otherwise? I often see posts here and else where talking about shooting, combatives, tactical classes etc., but rarely, if ever, see anyone talking about training for after the incident.
    Jeff Riley
    Owner/Operator
    Self-Preservation Training, LLC
    www.selfpreservationtraining.com
    Facebook@selfpreservationtraining

User Info Menu

My theory on getting held up. You're most likely going to get shot so the person can get away. It's been a common thing in the news, person gets what they want and shoots anyway.
    You present your gun, and it's not going to be a standoff. They're definitely going to shoot now to get away. Only thing you can hope for is them being stunned long enough to get a couple rounds off. If you don't have the balls to shoot, odds are better for you if you don't present your weapon because they will shoot you for sure in about 2 seconds when they realize you won't. I will have my day in court, not on a slab.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Selfpreservation View Post
    How many of you train for dealing with law enforcement after a use of force incident, deadly or otherwise? I often see posts here and else where talking about shooting, combatives, tactical classes etc., but rarely, if ever, see anyone talking about training for after the incident.
    Yes
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    My theory on getting held up. You're most likely going to get shot so the person can get away. It's been a common thing in the news, person gets what they want and shoots anyway.
    You present your gun, and it's not going to be a standoff. They're definitely going to shoot now to get away. Only thing you can hope for is them being stunned long enough to get a couple rounds off. If you don't have the balls to shoot, odds are better for you if you don't present your weapon because they will shoot you for sure in about 2 seconds when they realize you won't. I will have my day in court, not on a slab.
    What about when police arrive? Have you had training on whether you should talk to the police or not and if so, what to say, how much and when?
    Jeff Riley
    Owner/Operator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Yes
    Does/did the training cover talking to police vs refusing to speak and when you should do both? Or more along the lines of how not to get shot when they arrive?
    Jeff Riley
    Owner/Operator

User Info Menu

Does/did the training cover talking to police vs refusing to speak and when you should do both? Or more along the lines of how not to get shot when they arrive?
    Yes.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Yes.
    Care to elaborate?
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    No.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Yes.
    Work with LEO's daily and have a lawyer who I've discussed it with. End of day STFU and ask for my lawyer. That's the short version.

Bob

User Info Menu

What about when police arrive? Have you had training on whether you should talk to the police or not and if so, what to say, how much and when?
    Don't be holding a gun when the police arrive. Obviously you're going in. If you have to shoot, you should get a lawyer. That's just common sense.

It's probably something I'll never have to worry about. I know I won't let someone shoot me. More than once or twice.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast