• ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hey all,

I will be teaching a 3 hour Wilderness Survival Class this weekend, the 27th at Lindenwood Nature preserve in Fort Wayne. This is an offical class offered through the FW Parks Department, so enrollment is easy. $110. Class starts at 0900 and runs until 1200. I always stick around afterward to talk and answer questions.

https://web1.vermontsystems.com/wbwsc/inftwaynewt.wsc/search.html This is the search page, and will not land you on the class description. Search for outdoor education and April. Bam.

This is a "hands-on" class where you will learn by doing.

There will be a block on immediate action trauma care, and remote and austere medicine (also hands-on)

We will discuss survival priorities, trip planning, lost-proofing and how Search and Rescue works.

Students will build shelters and each make a fire using different fire-making tools

We will go over food procurement, and water treatment

The class will finish up with gear selection, reviews and myth busting

This is a GREAT class for kids and will give adults and children the skills and confidence they need to survive a wilderness survival emergency.

Hit me up by PM here, or facebook, or my cell at 260 710-40940

Russ

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Bummer, will be in Indy for N.R.A.

I think my wife and I had a private session with you during the Outdoor Show at the Coliseum. I was impressed with your knowledge and it reinforced a lot of what we have in our plans. The hands on practice would be good. She tolerates my prepper stuff and is pretty smart herself. As a bonus she is tiny and it is easier to carry a smart nurse then a heavy first aid manual.

Clicked your link above and it did not take me to the event.

Top Bottom