Denny Reichard (Sand Burr Gun Ranch) has passed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Per Massad Ayoob, Denny has succumbed to cancer. Sand Burr will remain open.

Denny was, among many other accomplishments, a nationally famous S&W revolver smith. I'll never forget his grudging admission my Ruger WC GP100 had a nice trigger...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He called me in March, 2019 at the year anniversary of me delivering a batch of Smiths up to him in Rochester. He spent the entire time trying to apologize for how long it was taking, I just wanted him to tell stories and did not care one whit about the guns, I have others to shoot, only had one Denny.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    RIP, Denny.

It's been a few years since I was last at Sand Burr, but he always made the training days entertaining. When I completed John Farnam's DTI instructor course, Denny was the instructor for the revolver portion. All of the students used one of his S&W 629s for that portion of the class, with his handloaded carry ammo. BOOM!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Another thing I remembered . . . Denny loved to grill. I was impressed by his array of grills next to the house!

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I grew up in Fulton County and knew Denny since AI was knee high to a grasshopper. My Grandma was a Dispatcher there and I got to know Denny Quite Well, even got threatened to be taken in a time or two While Grandma was working! One thing for sure when you visited with Denny you'd better be thick skinned. He was one of a kind and will truly be missed!

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    I grew up in Akron until I went into the military. Never had the pleasure to meet let alone know Denny. Was on my wishlist to meet him.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    My friends and I used to shoot on his property during the summer. He had a nice facility.

He was a colorful character and his wife is a nice lady as well. The place won't be the same without him.

Rest in peace sir

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The first time I met Denny I was coming back from a vacation and stopped to talk to him about holding my classes at his range. Little did I know I almost scrubbed my chances at that first meeting. People who know me know I almost never wear shorts. Well being on vacation that day I was. It wasn't until a little later that I found out Denny considered men who wear shorts to be *****puffers. Fortunately he let me hold classes there anyway. I will always have a lot of great memories of the range and of our many conversations. He was truly one of a kind.

Top Bottom