• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Unfortunately, family vacation prevents me from taking this class, but I hope it is offered again. Even though this will not involve any live fire, this should be a very interesting and informative course to attend.

For those who have not taken any courses from Defensive Shooting Concepts, you will not be disappointed. The lead instructor and owner is a Hamilton County Sheriff and is the Agency's firearms instructor and SWAT Team Leader...he is also a heck of a good shot and someone that wants to help you improve your shooting skills.

His live fire courses are safe and fun with a focus on improving your ability to make fast hits. He also includes a lot of tactics, use of cover, shooting on the move and competitive shooting drills. Having attended many of his classes, I will say that the drills he runs, and the tactics and skills that he teaches are very much the same as what are taught by some nationally known instructors.

I just attended Gabe White's 2 day Pistol Shooting Solutions (if you are not familiar with Gabe, Google him) class this past weekend in Northeastern KY and 95% of what Gabe teaches is the same stuff you will learn by taking several classes with Defensive Shooting Concepts.

I like the DSC classes because they offer a real value, they don't break the bank, they don't blow 2-3 days especially when factoring in travel time, and you will be doing many things that are not taught by most firearms instructors.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I’ll echo @shootinghoosier’s sentiments. I’ve attended several of DSC’s classes over the last 3 years and can’t speak highly enough of the value and real world applicability of the content. Really looking forward to this latest class offering - it’s relevant content that not a lot of people practice or drill regularly.

Saturday’s coming up quick - sign up at Central Indiana Firearms Training - Defensive Shooting Concepts

Cacciatore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2019
    NW
    I too am looking forward to the room clearing class tomorrow. I think it's an excellent opportunity to broaden my skill set into with a useful and unique class. Still time to sign up if you haven't already

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Redhood
    Top Bottom